Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '29 Model A Roadster 2'n'1

mrknowetall

Like the way you put the four link suspension in the rear, but a four link with straight lower links, and angled uppers from the top that angle outward make a little cleaner set up since they don't require a panhard bar to keep the rear end centered, most street rod set ups that are intended for street are going this route, even chassis manufacturers like TCI, and a couple others are doing this on the ones that they produce, and it's a lot less work in 1/25th scale.

But I DO prefer your set up to the long arms that Revell put on theirs.

Like the way you put the four link suspension in the rear, but a four link with straight lower links, and angled uppers from the top that angle outward make a little cleaner set up since they don't require a panhard bar to keep the rear end centered, most street rod set ups that are intended for street are going this route, even chassis manufacturers like TCI, and a couple others are doing this on the ones that they produce, and it's a lot less work in 1/25th scale.

But I DO prefer your set up to the long arms that Revell put on theirs.

You caught me out on that one. I didn't look carefully at the rear arms, missed the Panhard link entirely, and just assumed they were hairpins. Lotsa cars in the wayback ran split-wishbones, sometimes replaced with hairpins...even on coil springs.

I shoulda looked closer... :)

I have been out of the loop for so long trying to get my BB truck kit finished, I only found out about this kit a few weeks ago. Overall it looks good but one thing seems to be missing. A Deuce grill shell. look at 1:1 A hiboys and at least half have a 32 grill shell. Not sure how they could have left that out. A simple enough thing to source though. I really liked the old AMT version and I was in the process of working it into a hiboy until I found out this one was coming out. It will be interesting to see how this one compares with the AMT version.

I have been out of the loop for so long trying to get my BB truck kit finished, I only found out about this kit a few weeks ago. Overall it looks good but one thing seems to be missing. A Deuce grill shell. look at 1:1 A hiboys and at least half have a 32 grill shell. Not sure how they could have left that out. A simple enough thing to source though. I really liked the old AMT version and I was in the process of working it into a hiboy until I found out this one was coming out. It will be interesting to see how this one compares with the AMT version.

Coupe will have the 32 grille.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back to the top. The Revell roadster looks to be good for an August release. A little birdie told me so.

Well you can't doubt a guy with a moniker like that.

Just in case you need inspiration for your build, or sound effects while you assemble it!

Wow. If you look in the dictionary under traditional hot rod, you'll find that picture. A '29 roadster on a deuce frame. He didn't even split the wishbones. According to my Dad, that's just about the first thing they did back in the day. Love the headlight bar. One sweet rod.

Edited by Jantrix