Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black '79 Camaro

Scalper

Hello , Well this build took less then a week.. purchased for 3 dollars, kit partially started, the body was painted chassis painted and engine assembled,. I built this kit when I was a kid and wanted to build it again.. Looks the same from when I built it but has a much nicer "paint job"

I painted the engine and went from there.Kept it simple black on black. Hood is driving me nuts but I calling her done.

Hope you guys like.

IMG_4268_zpsxlyyq5tn.jpg

IMG_4269_zpsqsun4kqo.jpg

IMG_4270_zpsvu1wxycz.jpg

IMG_4271_zpswvobifem.jpg

IMG_4272_zpsgsl1laqm.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Andre,

Looks good black on black.

I too have the same kit built about 11 years ago after the one I owned.

I'll have to post it. They were a basic kit especially under the hood. Good job though brings back memories.

Ken. B)

Nice work Andre, that black sure looks good on it. The kit I'm building now I am planning on painting black, hope it comes out as nice as yours did. I had issues with the hood on mine, too. The air cleaner seemed to be the culprit, so I trimmed down the underside of the hood around where the air cleaner was making contact.

Sweet build Andre, the paint looks so smooth. Very cool. This kit always had hood fit problems, but you built it up into a great looking car.

My girlfriend back in the '80's had a 1:1 black '79 Z-28. It had wheels like this but black.

Thanks guys. About the paint. It was already painted when I got it. It had some scratches drip marks and bubble along the rear panel. I guess that's why who ever painted it never finished. But I fixed it the best I could. And gave it a good cleaning. My guess on the paint tamiya ?