Model Cars Magazine Forum

92 Firebird Formula.

Scalper

Hello.

This is on my bench next.. To be another quick box stock, Posting to show how the kit looks and for tips and trick and just to get feedback

I like the colour its molded in. I think I will keep it the way it is.. not perfect but its going to be a quick build.

I any of you guys had any issues with this kit. a heads up would be great.

IMG_4264_zpsulqxhahv.jpg

Time to paint the chassis .

Thanks for looking.

I built this kit years ago,i think the front end sits a little high and the front fascia needs a little fiddling to look right.but otherwise its a nice kit,another member on here Hawk 312 I believe built this same kit in Jamaica yellow and it looked stunning ,if you use the search button you might be able to find it.

Not gm stack. Monogram stack.the body is moulded in this green metallic and I am a sucker for green. Also wanted a quick build like the Camaro. But yeah gm cars. Lol. Also got the old gto molded in red.

Edited by Scalper

Thanks guys...

Did some more work. First time painting the window trim on the glass it self. turned out ok I think.

ALso painting the inside of the healiner. needs another coat. and the under wheel whells.

just thinking that the taillights will probably be the hardest part of the kit

IMG_4311_zpsoclsbgzd.jpg

IMG_4312_zpsnnfbtsbu.jpg

Thanks for looking all coments welcomed

Nice work so far!

I'll try my best to describe, how I would paint the back lights. I'd start wit the black frame and lines between the chambers. For small lines I use an Edding pen. There is a sort of them in Germany they are kind of "touch up pen" (silver, white e.g.). It's really thin and with a lot of feeling - that couldn't be a problem for a modell kit builder ;) - it's possible to draw the thin lines. After that, i'll be a piece of cake to get the red chambers red and the amber chamber amber colored ;)

Another try could work:

paint the colored chambers in their color and after it's dry, paint a silver overlay. Again: with a lot of feeling it could be possible to and away the color over the partitions of the chambers. When the color is away, it could work to paint black over it.

Hope you understand, what I was writing.

I did the second described procedure on my 1/16 Trans am and the result is pretty good

364_18.jpg364_22.jpg