Jump to content


Member Since 17 Jun 2011
Offline Last Active Dec 19 2014 12:34 AM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Tamiya LaFerrari

15 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

OK. I guess I will just repost everything up to now. 

The engine received the first round of wiring and plumbing




After all the pieces for the body panels were glued together, all the seams were filled with Tamiya grey putty, sanded and then everything was sprayed with a coat of 2K primer. Once dry, everything was sanded smooth and then sprayed with Ferrari PPG NART blue.




After drying for a day, the body panels were masked to leave the roof and some of the front exposed, pretty much like what the instructions show to leave black.





Except I am not leaving it black. I sprayed it Lamborghini Hera blue. On the pictures it looks pretty much the same. But the two blues will look completely different once clear coated. They are both metallics, but the NART has A LOT of silver in it. The Hera is a lot finer and somewhat darker once cleared.



In Topic: Tamiya LaFerrari

13 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

Hey, what happened to the rest of this thread? 

In Topic: LB Performance Ferrari 458 Italia

09 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

I am still waiting on the carbon decals. The wait is driving me crazy.

In Topic: Roth Road Agent

25 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

Looks really good so far. this is the only Roth model I have never even attempted to build. 

In Topic: LB Performance Ferrari 458 Italia

25 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

Next thing to be addressed is the interior. I don't know what were the guys at Fujimi thinking, but the door panels are basically missing their upper half





To address the issue, I made templates from paper and then cut the shapes out of styrene.





Then attached the new pieces to the interior, so we now have some three dimensional door panels





Ferraris always have a door pull on the passenger door. For the purpose I cut a piece of solder and flattened it with the handle of my exacto knife, to give it an oval profile.





then the panel was drilled and a little notch was made, where the piece was glued in.





Now we have some decent interior, which with some detail painting, decals and photo etch should come alive. 





Meanwhile, the body is a nice even flat white. It will be curing until tomorrow, when it will receive its pearl white paint.