Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aston Martin db4 custom

bill_67

I bought the monogram Aston martin DB4 off ebay. I wanted to build a 007 kit, but my modelling skills don't justify $100.00 for the James bond DB5 kit so i settled. When i got the kit it was missing half an engine some suspension part. I put the kit away and gave up on it. Then i saw a design by Bo Zolland for a volvo p1800 wagon with large wire wheels. I finally had a direction to take this kit, I used the suspension and engine from the early amt viper. The paint is ppg waterborne aston martin silver birch code: 1180. I was about to finish this thing today when I tried to install the glass and found it's not even close to fitting. So I'm going to make the window from something, install the interior and exhaust. Please feel free to criticize I'm really starting to hate this kit. Thanks for looking.IMG_07141_zps59aa926f.jpgIMG_06971_zps17a6b981.jpgIMG_06931_zpsc81bcbc1.jpgIMG_0079_zps24c0e183.jpgIMG_0057_zps25c76ebb.jpg Edited by bill_67

Thanks for the comments and the criticisms, the stance is a little more of a rake than I planned. Something happen between mock up and after paint assembly, and after fighting with that terrible cracked, Stressed, poor fitting glass I wasn't worried. Cesar, your right about those spinners, good eye I never noticed that. Thankful thats an easy fix.

i love this !! , just because they would never do this to a original body / car due to the value .. maybe like a replica .. so what you are doing is just cool .. likehow it could look if somebody was crazy enough !!

in fact a Aston Martin db4 custom exists its a

http://www.v12-gt.com/var/v12gt/storage/images/galerie/galeries-photos/galeries-classic/aston-martin/aston-martin-db4-zagato-3-4-arriere-gauche/28923-1-fre-FR/Aston-Martin-DB4-Zagato-3-4-arriere-gauche_zoom.jpg

and zagato made some versions but you just cant find like a mordernized / restomod like db4 so this is quite unique :)

imagejpg6_zpsf1acdb28.jpgThanks for the comments guys, I really needed the encouragement with this kit. Just about done with it, I have to black wash the grille, and install the little lights. I've ordered some photo-etched parts like seat belt buckles, wipers. I will post under glass when these things come in the mail. Thank you for looking, Bill.61ec5691-a965-489a-b07f-f70bae63c8d5_zps

Edited by bill_67