Model Cars Magazine Forum

"A"Time Stock,Strip Rod or race.Show off your Ford Model As

philo426

• 2 weeks later...

Bernard, have you done "The" Deuce ?

No I haven't but I guess I should. The louvered hood in black is an issue. The Archer louver decals I used on The Challenger are pretty shallow and only made in black so I have to find a way to make them show up against a dark background... The Deuce of Spades is sure a pretty car, though.

db_DOS1114102-131.jpg

Edited by Bernard Kron

No I haven't but I guess I should. The louvered hood in black is an issue. The Archer louver decals I used on The Challenger are pretty shallow and only made in black so I have to find a way to make them show up against a dark background... The Deuce is sure a pretty car, though.

Black one??

• 5 months later...

Here's mine-

N32_zps3115fb14.jpg

Here's a '30 Phaeton I built about 10 years ago with a deuce grille.

32FORDPHAETON.jpg

Two elegant additions to this distinguished selection of A-Bones. I especially like the cream and gray color combo on the picjkup. The Deuce gril adaptation is quite succesgul, too. What's the source for it and what was needed to do to adapt it?

Edited by Bernard Kron

Honestly Bernard, I don't really remember. I think it was from one of the Monogram 1/24 scale deuce kits (yellow plastic) as the rest of the car is also 1/24. I don't believe any modifications were necessary to get it to fit.

Well wherever it came from it really sets it off. Great combination. I think that kit has great potential but you really have to come up with the right combination and Richard you did it. ;)

Model A's you say? Sure..///here are a couple that fit in with the general build theme here....and guys, some mighty fine work among the various pictures you've posted. Cooollll! TIM

...built 28 years ago, before this build style became popular again; inspired by Andy Southard's book on 1950's hot rodding...

DSC_0123-vi.jpg

Built 38 years ago, inspired by Pat Ganahl's '29 A on '32 rails model car kitbash story in Street Rodder magazine circa 1975....

DSC_0868-vi.jpg

OK, for this last one, I see I've been "fotki'ed" again (finding missing pictures of this model due to their "relocation of the server to Estonia" saga. Hopefully the full pictures of this one will be restored. It's a '29 A lowboy roadster, built early 1960's style, with a Buick Nailhead 425 from the AMT '40 Willys'32 ford Custom Trophy Series kit ala 1963. The paint is '59 Buick Lido Lavendar from MCW Automotive. Here's a closeup shot that still remains in the folder...

DSC_0296-vi.jpg

More photos of these and other A's at the link....TB http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/tim-boyds-124th--12/boyd-street-rods-ra/boydstreetrodsratro/

Edited by tim boyd

And another. Old 'n' dusty. AMT '29 with flattie out of the '49 merc. Trips, beehive, wired, homemade dropped axle. Went for the 50's vibe with the finned brakes and double sided whitewalls. The paint flummoxed me and I just threw it together - should blow it apart and try again.

Naw, great build. Keep it like it is. Shows what you were doin' an thinkn' at the time. ;)