Model Cars Magazine Forum

half a dozen 69 camaro's *new pic's 3-8* all 6 complete!

tbill

where did you get the car paint stands

they are Tamiya, i bought two of them on-line thru amazon, and i got one at my local hobby lobby. it's a two stand kit, one for holding the body, and another to hold parts. and they are on a 'turn table', makes life much easier.

I'll be giving it a good look over this morning Tom as I'm not at home right now and have nothing else to do since I cant be at my bench icon_sAng_hissyfit_zpswrtdfsd9.gif. Thanks for the heads up and thanks again for the lead! (I don't know if I want to ask.........................but what happened?)

Edited by mustang1989

I'll be giving it a good look over this morning Tom as I'm not at home right now and have nothing else to do since I cant be at my bench icon_sAng_hissyfit_zpswrtdfsd9.gif. Thanks for the heads up and thanks again for the lead! (I don't know if I want to ask.........................but what happened?)

Don't want to drop a freshly painted body on the ground.

as Oscar said, I was painting or primering something, and it looked sweet, so I kind of tilted it to see if I had good coverage on the rockers, and poof......it came apart and my fresh paint/primer was roof down in my booth........was not happy.......

lesson learned, and passed on, lol.

still need to take my own advice and 'doctor up' the newest one before I have a repeat performance........

and back to the builds at hand, I should have some new pic's tomorrow at some point, I have 3 more engines set up to run wires and make fuel lines for.

stay tuned.....

thanks guys. have had a bit of a family issue this past week, so no bench time, but I think tomorrow morning I can get into the 'zone' and get something done [i need it for therapy this week.....], hope to have some new pic's of more wired/plumbed big blocks tomorrow. I also got my last color of flocking I had been waiting for, so another interior can get carpeted as well.

thanks again for following along, check in tomorrow for some new pic's :D

ok, new stuff :D

engine shop was busy today, got 4 about 99% done, will paint the transmissions on all of them aluminum when I am done handling them. got 2 more to run fuel line and plug wires on, but kinda ran out of steam today :unsure:

so anyway, here is todays progress,

photo_zps9ebbe65a.jpg

photo_zpsfe2dedb3.jpg

photo_zps7ac75cf8.jpg

photo_zpseb36ec5b.jpg

photo_zpsf92c4f27.jpg

and got the last two interior tubs 'carpeted'

photo_zps8f363db1.jpg

photo_zps2a27e615.jpg

thanks for following along, hope to get more done this coming weekend.