Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Rambler

stang_crazy

Was going through some boxes tonight and come across a project I started around the time the kit was last issued which was in 03-04 I believe.

Still a ways to go on it, so maybe one of these days ill finish it up. Just threw some wheels in there to have a slight mock up. But just wanted to snap a few pictures of it and share it with everyone.

IMG_20141218_2055461_zps317bf254.jpg

IMG_20141218_2056101_zps775a459c.jpg

IMG_20141218_2056201_zps83d25515.jpg

Bruce I believe the wheels/tires are from a jada diecast 1949 mercury ill have to look I got another one somewhere ill reply here once I find it to let ya know. To everyone else thanks for the comments. Ill keep everyone up to date on this build once I get back to it. Since ive got it out I may finish sanding and smoothing the body.

I do plan on getting rid of the trim on the sides. Also plan to make it sit pretty low. Haven't decided much beyond that.

Very nice so far. I love the idea and will be watching as I'm working on my phantom Super Bee "El Camino", and I have to admit it is challenging me.

Someone asked where the rear roof section came from. I'm guessing it's from the same kit cut out from the back?

Keep going! I'd love to see the progress! Love the hubcaps, too.