Model Cars Magazine Forum

PRO XTREME CAMARO

baddgass

Derrick, the other thing that I just noticed is it looks like you are tying off the chute hold downs up high if I am looking at this right. The actual place for the tie off is on the rear diff. At least this is where I have noticed them being mounted on the cars I have viewed at the ADRL Independence Drags.

I stand corrected, anyone know what or how it is determined where the tie off is for chutes? What determines if it is mounted off of the rear end or on the mount off of the chassis?

DSCN0608-vi.jpg

Edited by eviltwincustoms

Thanks Bros. for all the great info. for the build. Some do run the tie down to the rear end, but i had no room, wheelie bars in the way. So i run them like on my old super pro. T/A, off the frame like this one from S&W Race Cars.

001-37.jpg

Nice 10.5 RG ( T/A? )

Thanks Bros. for all the great info. for the build. Some do run the tie down to the rear end, but i had no room, wheelie bars in the way. So i run them like on my old super pro. T/A, off the frame like this one from S&W Race Cars.

001-37.jpg

Nice 10.5 RG ( T/A? )

yep 2000 firebird with big block twin turbo combination

I'm jones'in here Derrick.... gotta see some updated progress pics!

Having a 5yr old Son, he doesn't let me spend much time on my project. As soon as I get off work, gotta go outside and play soccer with him. Plus my 17yr old daughter is coming up to see me this weekend, so no time to myself to work on my car. I need to live vicariously through your build.... LOL :D

I'm jones'in here Derrick.... gotta see some updated progress pics!

Having a 5yr old Son, he doesn't let me spend much time on my project. As soon as I get off work, gotta go outside and play soccer with him. Plus my 17yr old daughter is coming up to see me this weekend, so no time to myself to work on my car. I need to live vicariously through your build.... LOL :D

Appreciate you looking in on the build, but the time you spend with your son and daughter is the best of times, You can always build models ,but their only young once. So,in the mean time i'll be posted some pics.soon Thanks Bart.

Thanks Romell , Gilbert, RG, Greg and all my brother builder for looking in.

Well brother i'm doing the last work on the chassis. The battery mount and padales assemblie, then a little sanding and off to paint.

001-87.jpg

And i started work on the engine. I like the shotgun look.

promodbuild020.jpg

So i cut the center out of the 3 hole blower hat with the 1671 blower.

fpm116rbh20.jpg