Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grabber Green 70 Boss 302

kymdlr

I built this one totally box stock. Paint is model master Grabber green with testors wet look clear. This was my first time polishing a model with a polishing kit and I think it turned out decent, besides a couple spots where i sanded through. I forgot the flat black strip of paint on the hood, ill get back to it at some point.

photo3_zpsf8500bf3.jpg

photo2_zps031132cf.jpg

photo52_zps5c9ded98.jpg

photo5_zpsa3dcfbd0.jpg

photo12_zps89b00a7a.jpg

Did the kit come with any engine compartment decals? Fred Cady did decals for every Ford engine (260, 289, 302, 351, 428, 429) and the caution fan ones too for that extra touch.

Congrats on the clean build. The Magnum 500's look good and a black wash in the center cap would highlight the running horse in the middle. ;)

I hate mold lines too but I noticed something you rarely see - the paint markings on the leaf springs and rear end and you have to flip the model over too see them. :P

Too bad the NOS shocks were black - a different color would really stand out. Check out this restored Boss 302: http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=64188.0

• 6 months later...