Model Cars Magazine Forum

Janis Joplin's Porsche 356C... And Janis!

Brizio

Wow! I mean WOW!!! The roof is just icing on the cake! That is amazing. Congratulations on a most excellent build. You, sir, are an artist!

I prefer the 356 coupe, so that's why I put the roof in the closed position. But it is a convertible a the end, so the roof need to be down! :) Thank you Jonathan!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

I can hear her going "ohhhh lawd why doncha buy me a Mercedes Benz.............."

:D I think to make also Janis, and put it close to the car. Thank you Jonny!!!

take another piece of my heart......with that build- wow-looks just like it i saw it at rock & roll hall of fame many years ago

:D Thanks you Bill! :)

Groovy seems to be the only proper response!

That would be era correct! :P

Superb build, I think the roof down was the right choice ...

Thank you GeeBee, I think the top down fit better the car, if not why build a convertible... :D I can send you the Top up back.

OH Yeah, very KOOOOOL, I believe JJ would be proud!! :)

I hope so Larry, I think also to build a 1/24 Janis, to put close to the car. :)

Far out, man! I'm really diggin it.

Seriously, that paint job is fantastic.

Thank you Ken! :) I think most of the credit should go to Dave Richard, the guy that painted the 1/1 car in the 1968. I only try to replicate or copy it as close I can in scale. :) I'm not a psychedelic paint fan, but more I look more I like, also because now I have a 360 of the car with the paint job, instead of looking a flat picture. And I think Dave, did a paint job that fit very well the body of a 356.

Turned out fantastic. This should go on museum for automotive art.

Thank you Tommy! :) I think this is a huge compliment, i don't know, but if you believe that and know a museum that want it, I can send it to them. So I can have more space to park another model car. :D

Very cool. Does look better with the top down, shows more detail. Excellent job. Like I said before, now you need to do John Lennon's psychedelic Rolls Royce. :D

Thank you Tom! :) I think with the top down fit better the car (convertible) and Janis personality. I need to search what model of Rolls Royce Lennon had, and see if there is a model in scale that can be used, but for now, I need to rest my eyes, back and neck. I'm not 20 anymore... :D

Brizio, if you google Lennon's Rolls there are plenty of pictures. It was a Phantom V. I even found another picture that showed George Harrison's psychedelic Mini Cooper. Those two could keep you busy for months and put your neck in traction. Lol. Google both and take a look, they would definitely compliment your Porsche.