Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wow, this makes two completed models in less than a week for me. After finishing the Thunderbolt, this kit called out to me again. I had it about 80% completed before I put it away several years ago. It's the Testors 1/48 kit, very basic but it builds into a good looking model. I had opened up the exhaust ports, but other than that it's 100% box stock. I didn't even try to add any weathering to it. After taking the pics, I realized that I hadn't painted the lights on the wingtips yet, oops. They'll get added today. Finishing up this old warbird was a nice change of pace, but I'm sure there will be another car on the bench in a short amount of time. Thanks for looking.

F8Bearcat026_zpsdd16d6b2.jpg

F8Bearcat016_zps5f6c5591.jpg

F8Bearcat013_zps92654496.jpg

F8Bearcat009_zpsdbd63845.jpg

F8Bearcat024_zps29a97cb7.jpg

Thanks guys.

Very nice , How about a Hellcat next ?

Someday! That is one that is missing from my stash. I've wrapped up the Bearcat, and have a Wildcat about half built buried away, so it only makes sense that I round up a Hellcat sometime. Don't know why I haven't bought one yet, as it is one of my favorite birds from WWII.

That does look good. I didn't realize the Testers kit had recessed panel lines. I've got the Academy Bearcat on my to-do list. Tentative plan is bare metal with French Indo-China or Vietnam AF markings.

Nice, I don't think I've ever seen a bare metal Bearcat before, I think it would look sharp.