Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 2010 Camaro

gasman

Michaels craft store had the AMT full detail concept Camaro kit, saw it today and thought it was interesting. not at all a fan of or into the new Camaro, but i thought it was interesting that Michaels had AMT kits on the shelf.

That's the old concept kit from about 4-5 years ago. This thread is about the new AMT production '10+ Camaro kits that are coming...

That's odd, the boxart on the convertible has a foreign front plate bracket. I'm not 100%, but isn't thee supposed to be a pace car version also?

It is odd...the boxart shows a European spec '12 convertible (the big mirrors and wide plate are the giveways)..don't know why it's marked as a '10, since the convertible was a MY '11 addition to the Camaro line. I had read there was going to be an '11 IPC convertible promo.

Edited by Rob Hall

It is odd...the boxart shows a European spec '12 convertible (the big mirrors and wide plate are the giveways)..don't know why it's marked as a '10, since the convertible was a MY '11 addition to the Camaro line. I had read there was going to be an '11 IPC convertible promo.

Now that IS odd. You are right, the convertible was introducted 2011, so it should not be labelled as a 2010. The box art does show the overseas mirrors, but the test shot has the proper domestic mirrors.

I thought Round2 had their stuff together and the old AMT/Ertl/RC2 era of obvious blunders was behind us.

Now that IS odd. You are right, the convertible was introducted 2011, so it should not be labelled as a 2010. The box art does show the overseas mirrors, but the test shot has the proper domestic mirrors.

I thought Round2 had their stuff together and the old AMT/Ertl/RC2 era of obvious blunders was behind us.

Whoever put the mockup box art together probably grabbed an image from GM's press photos w/o looking too closely....not sure about why they have the year goof..you would think they be labeling these kits as 2012s since the 2012s are out now....likewise for Revell and their Camaro kit...2010 is so 12+ months ago... :)

• 2 weeks later...