Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1969 Corvair

cobraman

Got my feet wet on this build. I want to run larger tires all around and some a tad larger on the rear. I found these flairs in my parts box and modified them a bit to fit. I used the Dremel to enlarge the wheel wells before adding the flairs. Slung a coat of putty on them to mold them to the body. More to do. I also made a little spoiler for the front end out of sheet plastic. I am thinking maybe a Targa roof but not sure. Yes, no ? What do you guys think ?

corvair2001_zpsf1adcf40.jpg

corvair2002_zps0935107f.jpg

corvair2004_zps602b9be2.jpg

Looking forward to watching this build. I don't have time to work on my models these days, but here's mine in progress. I've got six single-barrel carb setup, redone belt and pulley's and late Camaro rims set up in addition to drilled out headlights and shaved handles. Mild custom.

Carl

post-10507-0-44279000-1434566767_thumb.j

Thanks guys. Carl, you may be right about the flares but I think when I mold them better and shoot the paint and stuff a tire in there I am hoping it will look ok. We shall see. : )

Ray, first picture looks good, i am wrong the second is a close up. i like the idea..

Good looking Corvair. I also have one on the shelf and looking at a circuit racing version, with turbo if I can find enough engine pics to use for the installation.

I see some of you have hot weather, it's just 50F here in the UK with snow forecast in Scotland, a little later than normal!

Corvairs! I LOVE 'Em! This is why I have the Chezoom "set", tow car, trailer and race car (Thanks to Rouns 2 for sending me extra decal sheets!), an altered using the Mustang chassis, and a convertible..plus at least a dozen Corvair-powered rods and a blown dragster....and i await delivery of yet another '69 so I can attempt a white-with-blue-stripes Yenko Stinger, inspired by a Jay Leno's garage episode on them posted here...but now, just look at that green goddess! Nice work and very inspiring. Go 'Vair! or go Nowhere

Edited by bonehead23