Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Diablo

Dominik

Today something new from my cars i built...last year...,unbelivable

:huh: Lamborghini Diablo from italeri. Nothing special done, the rear wing i didn't mounted it. I like it more without that thing...

enjoy

CIMG141005_050.jpg

CIMG141005_052.jpg

CIMG141005_055.jpg

CIMG141005_058.jpg

CIMG141005_064.jpg

CIMG141005_094.jpg

comments welcome as always. feel free to say, what you think ;)

Thank you very much for comments.

Looks good. I have one I'm finishing up but had a an issue getting the engine hatch to fit after the chassis was in. Did you have any issues with yours?

Bob, i think you talk about those lousi hinges from the hatch, wich were mounted between the Body and chassis. I had some more Problems after it was painted. the paint was (think so) to thick and so it would not fit "perfect" like before as i made some fittingtests and sanded the Body.

I thinned out those round hinge-pieces wich were slip between the Body and Chassis.

the second was, i shortened the hatch on the rear side (to the back of the car) just a Little bit to have more space on the roofside while opening it.

Understood, what i mean? I can make a Photo from the manuel, what i have made / what i mean. I must take a look on it, if there are more changes i made while mounting the hatch.

That's gorgeous! Is it like a pearl white?

Thank you Hugh, the paint is pure White with a couple of clear coat. i think, i painted three or for layers of clear coat because the dust... painted, wet sanded, painted, wet sanded and so on...

Edited by Dominik

Thanks Joe and Chris ;)

Bob, i made some pictures from the hatch.

here you can see the hinges, how much styrene i removed:

CIMG150322_089.jpg

CIMG150322_090.jpg

as i took a look to make this pictures, i saw, that i sanded all sides on the hatch:

CIMG150322_091.jpg

to make it "perfect" fit:

CIMG150322_092.jpg

because, the paint was really thick...i removed the paint after the last lay of clearcoat and painted it after it fits white again.

the good thing is, while i thinned that hinges that out, i can lift up the hatch on the rear side and pull it a little back to open it without damage the paint. also it can be closed this way with a cool "click".

by the way, i made a picture from the stock engine:

CIMG150322_088.jpg

thanks again ;)

Hey Dominic - your Diablo is a gem !

The plastic kit manufacturer seems to forget that the body and the hatch (or bonnet or doors) shall be painted inside too. That makes a difference in thickness 0.1 - 0.2 mm (if you use primer and clear coat too may be even more) both sides. If you want to close there is about a half mm difference in thickness very near to the hinges. The result: the hatch don`t close.

You solved the problem perfectly.

• 1 month later...