Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the most copies of one model car kit bought for u guys?

Hi, I was just curious to know whats the most copies of one kit you've guys have bought? . I have now acquired about 5 amt 67 chevy impala kits in my collection, this is one of my favorite cars of all time. it looks good as a stock car, lowrider, pro street,etc. Possibilities are endless. How many copies of one kit do you fellow modelers store in the stash? Are there ever too many copies of one kit? lol ,

I currently have nine Revell Chevrolet Caprice Police/FireChief kits at the house. I have built another seven or eight which are in my police academy display back in St Louis. That does not include the seven Revell Impala SS kits I used for the 93 - 96 version of the 9C1 Caprice.

G

Edited by Agent G

I have bought 15 of Aoshima's Toyota/Subaru 86 kits, 2 of Tamiya , I currently have built 13 of them number 11 is on the bench

I bought and built close to two dozen of Lindbergs Crown Vic police kit, probably a dozen of the Caprice kits

Plus how many of the same make of NASCAR kits , cant even begin to count those

I had the chance to buy about 5 or 6 Testors' reboxed Fujimi Porsche 356 enthusiast models for 30$ (they all had broken roof posts due to poor package design). so I would have to say that one. I am not really much into multiple copies of a kit unless there are some parts that I tend to want to use a lot.

jb

I have at least a dozen of my favorite old pickup kits... 1950 Ford, 1953 Ford, 1955-7 Chevy and even more of the old Falcon Ranchero kit. I never realized it, but whenever I'd see one at a show for $5 or so, I'd buy it. I just didn't realize I had done so that many times!

I found a lot of these when I tried to get organized last year. I did some consolidations, like taking all the open ones of those kits and dumping them into plastic tubs to build from. I only kept the sealed ones intact. Heck, I am going to build 'em or use them for parts.

Oh, old Valiants... dozens and dozens!

Oh man, this is why my buddies have called me "king willy"...I've built about 60 or more Revell 41 Willy's coupes...gassers, as full builds and slot car bodies, all but 2 have been sold ! I absolutely love the Willy's! Next would have to be Revell's 32 Fords!

I probably have at least 8 variants of the Revell 69 Camaro, likely more. I also have stocked up on the '77 GMC pickup/snowplow combo as I have plans to put plows on a bunch of kits in the stash, and would conservatively estimate 12 of them. If Hobby Lobby puts them on clearance I will probably buy a bunch more!

How many has someone BOUGHT for me or how many did I buy for myself?

Buy for yourself... sorry for wrng word choice lol. BA in business and a nice job, but lazy when it comes to having to type on a regular forum non work related.

I currently have nine Revell Chevrolet Caprice Police/FireChief kits at the house. I have built another seven or eight which are in my police

academy display back in St Louis. That does not include the seven Revell Impala SS kits I used for the 93 - 96 version of the 9C1 Caprice.

Wow! I thought I was bad lol. Hey i bet each and everyone of them was well worth it!. :) sometimes you just fall in love with a certain body style.

G

I think I have every one beat ,I counted and I have bought 61 of the amt 55 chevy truck kits and 29 of the 57 amt chevy truck kits , and I will still buy more , :blink: !

Whoa!!! Lol those are a lot of copies there. U are building an army of 1955 57 Chevy trucks. You've won !! Lol hey you and me should just buy the molds from amt / revell to make our own copy's whenever we please lol. Just buy the entire injection molding machine.

Edited by ERIK88

Oh man, this is why my buddies have called me "king willy"...I've built about 60 or more Revell 41 Willy's coupes...gassers, as full builds and slot car bodies, all but 2 have been sold ! I absolutely love the Willy's! Next would have to be Revell's 32 Fords!

Thats a lot of willys built there lol.

yah I,v got a bit of a hard on for 55/57 chevy trucks ,my wife is thinking of doing an entervention ,she says I need help .HA .HA ,

Haha yea that's funny , :) hey well thanks u guys for making me feel normal.... I sure thought I was going cuckoo there for a min with my 67 impalas lol