Model Cars Magazine Forum

STRIPTEASE 49 MERC (The Sultana of Old Burlesque)

Dr. Cranky

Jim, I've never heard that expression, but I like it, and it's just cracked me up. If it's biker expression I can tell you I don't know it because I've never put my bike away wet, although I've ridden hard in the rain! :D:P

It's not a biker term. It's normally used to describe a woman that's, shall we say, been around the block - several times. If that's unclear, I'd have to send you a PM. I don't want to get kicked off the forum.

I ordered some of those LEDs even though I have no idea what a rave party is. I'm thinking small boxes to cover them and use them as spotlights when displaying a build. Thanks for the info.

Edited by crazyjim

All right, maties, it's progress WEDNESDAY. Like I said a few posts back, this kit goes together like a glove but even so you still have to watch out for that engine fit. You have to cut down the battery a little bit just to get a smooth fit. It's part of getting to know a kit intimately after you build it more than a dozen times. LOL.

Here are some shots of the engine bay . . . I applied some washes to the engine to tone it down and unify it all . . .

004-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

8-vi.jpg

All right folks, I am going to post the final round of pictures for this build over in UNDER GLASS.

But before I do, I wanted to thank you all for making building models so much fun inside this great community.

All your comments, suggestions, and generous support is welcomed and appreciated.

Best wishes, Doctor Cranky.

LONG LIVE YOUR STYRENE ADDICTION.

All right, we are back now working on the Burlesque Theater weathering the walls and putting in some of the final touches. Please stay tuned in for some more progress.

Now that the car is done, I can focus on the Theater until it is finished.

Okay, finally tracked down some dry ice and the stuff is not cheap at a 1.47 per pound. So what is a styrene addict to do? Buy a couple of pounds!

I'm experimenting with the stuff for now, although I think eventually I will have to use a fog machine too . . .

Here is a trial and error moment:

Maxx, the wide whites are from the MODELHAUS (170c) and the wheels are from R&M of Maryland. If you contact Norm, he'll set you up.

Don't I like the idea . . . and I guess I'll have to print up some G-scale dollar bills. Get it? G-scale? HA! Insanity runs deep in the Lab-RAT-ory.

Can you tell me the number on the set of the wheels? I have the catalog, but I can't find the wheels. If there are a set of Firestone racing tires that the wheels would fit into, that would be great. I have a Tamiya 1966 Beetle that I would like to use these wheels on.