Model Cars Magazine Forum

Allison Charger - pics replaced - more work soon

Jantrix

Some recent work. Exhaust is proving to be a problem. Here's the first header. I will exit above the front tire centered in the wheel well. It's the stock header, some tube and some solder to do the bend. I'm going to have to really take my time to sand the filler down so that it all looks like one piece.

He'res the scratched fule pump, fuel lines from the tank, and the lines to the fuel block. There will be braided lines going to the carbs. Some detail painting stil to do.

I built a "bolt-in" cross bar, that will be installed after the engine is glued in place. It will run behind the carbs. I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I still need to fabricate a tie rod and drag link, shifter and pedals, smooth out the body and open the rear wheel wells a bit. More soon.

20150531_194001_zpskahmsbfn.JPG

20150531_194017_zpsbb8bmkix.JPG

20150531_194108_zpsfxakuw4a.JPG

Edited by Jantrix

Yeah, I was thinking about splicing in the opening from the Cuda, to avoid the issue, but the Charger has those hood lines that I don't want to mess with more than I have to. It will be a time consuming modification, but I think it will just make the build.

• 2 years later...