Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some more Round2 surprizes!

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH Boy another 4 kits I'm gonna have to pre-order man lol

I LOVE what Round2 is doing man, glad to finally get some of these kits I have never had man :)

Round2 (John) keep them SHOW RODS coming dude I just love'em man

I wish some people would stop there whinging & whining man, that's what must happen when get OLD lol...Round2 is doing an awesome job of bringing back all of these kits man that go for MEGA!!!!!!!!!!! bucks & I for one really appricate what they are doing & I wish a lot of you so called "modellers" would stop complaining and just accept what they are doing man...

It's no wonder I don't come here much anymore, same old people bitching & whinging about everything & you NEVER see any built models by them

Cheers

Edited by Hippie Dude

It's no wonder I don't come much anymore, same old people bitching & whinging about everything

You should try the ignore feature for the whiners. Problem solved. ^_^

You are exactly the type of person Round2 is targeting with these show rod reissues, Tye, so enjoy them. Round2 puts out a good variety, but they can't please everyone, so it's nice to see you and others appreciating what they do release. :)

This reissue really disappoints me. I've been trying so hard to ward off this addiction but then this group of reissues. :rolleyes:

Vega- two or three, at least.

Wedge dragster- one or two

Flameout- two or three. One for me, one for my brother-in-law, and at least one for a stress reliever scratch build.

Looking at the "Depth Charger" showrod, it seem pretty clear, that these two would be along eventually.

All are the same chassis, with just minor (but very visible) parts changes.

For Round2, this Easy-Peasy.

I'll get the Flameout, if only for kit bash purposes, but the other two leave me cold.

As for the Vega. Well, if you can't say something nice................

Alan

After looking at the Instruction sheets for the Flameout, it looks like a Kit bash with the Monogram Fire Iron, or AMT '27 T Fire Truck or the old Monogram '26 Mack Bulldog will yield a Most Impressive Steam Pumper, even if it is not a Showrod.

Take a look at just the Steamer parts, and forget the Chassis/Engine. Some nice parts there.

I'll move this up to a Must Have when it makes it to the local HL.

Alan

P.S. the MPC Beverley Hillbillies Olds would make a great Stock Fire Truck as well.

After looking at the Instruction sheets for the Flameout, it looks like a Kit bash with the Monogram Fire Iron, or AMT '27 T Fire Truck or the old Monogram '26 Mack Bulldog will yield a Most Impressive Steam Pumper, even if it is not a Showrod.

Take a look at just the Steamer parts, and forget the Chassis/Engine. Some nice parts there.

I'll move this up to a Must Have when it makes it to the local HL.

Alan

P.S. the MPC Beverley Hillbillies Olds would make a great Stock Fire Truck as well.

I have an original issue Flameout and that is exactly why I could never build it......torn between a showrod and a replica stock build. The boiler is SUPER cool part with lots of chrome.

Got any ideas on how to build a stock truck, using the Boiler/Pumps ect?

I'm just starting to look for pictures.

Google 'Jumbo fire truck' and you should find more info. I was looking at one time.....but gave up as it was a rare kit at that time.

JUMBO1-vi.jpg

Look at that steering wheel!!!! What a terror this thing must have been to see AND drive!!! Think about that boiler going full on and the size of it compared to other vehicles of the day.......I'd love to have seen it at full speed!!!

I kinda feel this was the inspiration for the kit.....I can see it in there....

Edited by Dave Van

I have the annual 74 and 75 Vega kits.......only because when my wife was in college she drove a 74 Vega.....hated that car. I had to change a fuel pump once....seems I had to remove the glove box for some reason....anyone know why??? I forget!!!!

Wasn't the fuel pump inside the gas tank on a Vega? I've never owned one myself, but one of my brothers owned three of them...other than the quick-rust feature, he had pretty good luck with them. None of his had the "blue ghost" following them around. If not for the rust issues, and if they'd have been smart enough to stick the Chevy II four-banger in instead of that experimental aluminum engine, they might have had a decent car there. I remember the ride and handling being pretty decent.

I have an original issue Flameout and that is exactly why I could never build it......torn between a showrod and a replica stock build. The boiler is SUPER cool part with lots of chrome.

Is the boiler actually well done? I had a similar idea, but based on the few photos of built Flameouts I've been able find online, the parts look less than inspiring. Small photos though, not seen any in person.

Got any ideas on how to build a stock truck, using the Boiler/Pumps ect?

I'm just starting to look for pictures.

Try looking for Amoskeag, Christie, Nott, or Webb Steam Pumpers, they were some of the larger builders of self propelled steam pumpers. Many of the old horse drawn steamers were simply converted to motorized apparatus by making the steam pump into a trailer pulled by a semi-tractor, the same was done with other horse drawn equipment as well.

Edited by Aaronw

More news:

AMT-928 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo

AMT-929 1950 Ford Convertible

AMT-931 1958 Chevy Impala

AMT-942 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Vanishing Point

Although I already have the 1970 Monte Carlo, I could always use another one! Now, if only round2 were to add the engine parts from the 1970 Motion Camaro as a building option ...

Has the '69 'Cuda come out yet? -I'd LOVE to see a NEW offering for that body style 'Cuda, instead of the common '71....... I'd LOVE to see new tooling for that kit too, thats the notchback instead of the fast back! I know I know, I'd dreamin' right!?