Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose - Revell Partnership

I'll throw this out here a say I like Chip's style. Whats run me off of Overhaulin' is Chris Jacobs. End of story for me.

That's true for me as well. Also as well as the fact that I could call the build at the beginning of the show.

68 Charger?

Lets see he's gonna use a crate engine, replace the suspension, lower the car with 20" wheels, one-offs of course. Then he's gonna shave the door handles, side marker lights, side mirrors, then narrow and pull in the bumpers. Then he's gonna do a two tone paint job, where one color is silver and the other, the owners favorite color. Interior will be black with piping that matches the non-silver paint color, with Foose badges everywhere.

At the end of the show, the only surprise was what the owners favorite color was. I like Chips style and his hands-on work ethic, but frankly predictability isn't what I look for in a car builder.

I do not recall previously reading that the Eldorod was on the list. I like it and would buy one.

You are correct; the Eldorod was not on the original list of... what? Just one month ago, or so?

If that list can change, so can the results.

Will Revell do two all new kits? What about the other kits? Or will they produce the minimum, then claim that "the sales were not there"?

Just wondering. Been let down before.

I agree, the cookie cutter style of his "Made for Television" cars got boring pretty fast. And yes, he also makes some flat out "Custom" cars, but they too, got pretty boring and did nothing really ground breaking.

His line of Customized kits just sound like what has been done before by other customizers, like Barris, just add decals, wheels and a goofy paint job and voila! New kits!

Revell should talk to these guys if they are serious

01-ring-brothers-recoil-chevelle-sema-1.

I can hear it now, the wheels are too big, needs chrome trim, it needs to be stock etc.

I'd far prefer to get kits of these cars in stock(ish) form and make my own "customs"....

especially the F100, the 35 Chevy and the Cadillac. But I guess that's not where they want to go.

I wouldn't worry. So far most of these have just been "Box Art ,Decal, Wheel / tire " kits, the rest of the kit being samol, samol. :blink:

If they tool up something like the Grand Master or the Cadillac, they would end w/ something custom only, one version only kits since those cars are no where near stock. I assume some of the upcoming Foose releases though will be more of the Overhaulin' formula, though...stock kits w/ Foose wheels and decals.

Uh oh..duplicate thread.. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102831&hl=

Edited by Rob Hall

And why are these in a Foose thread?

In reference to other post in this thread in regards to the feasibility and likelihood of production of "one off" dedicated molds going nowhere. I.E. the Hemisfear , Impression and Grand Master. One shot kits with no future as discussed many times in many other threads by many experts touting the idea that a kit must have some "after life" :lol:

In reference to other post in this thread in regards to the feasibility and likelihood of production of "one off" dedicated molds going nowhere. I.E. the Hemisfear , Impression and Grand Master. One shot kits with no future as discussed many times in many other threads by many experts touting the idea that a kit must have some "after life" :lol:

You'll note that Testors no longer makes any model kits, so I don't know if those are the best examples to use to prove your point. If they had done well then Testors might still be selling kits, and folks aren't knocking down the doors to get at that Lindberg reissue.

That's yet another point, Brett. Is there really a good market for the same-old, same-old? Some of the proposed Foose kits are designs so similar to the Testors series, it makes you wonder how big their market would be.

However, the fresh stuff such as the '35 Chevy and the Eldorodo or the '65 Chevy don't look just like kits that have been on the market before.

That's yet another point, Brett. Is there really a good market for the same-old, same-old? Some of the proposed Foose kits are designs so similar to the Testors series, it makes you wonder how big their market would be.

However, the fresh stuff such as the '35 Chevy and the Eldorodo or the '65 Chevy don't look just like kits that have been on the market before.

That's the thing for me, I get the same-old same-old feeling with most of the Foose stuff proposed, because it is so much like the Boyd stuff (makes sense since Foose worked for him). I just don't know that billet rods are where it's at in 2015. The move in the 1:1 and model worlds the past few years has been away from the billet and towards more traditional stuff

Even with all the body mods of the 56 pickup, there's still a lot you could do with it. With just a change in wheels and different interior color scheme it could pass for fairly traditional I just see this as having the most potential. I'd love to be proven wrong, cause that would mean I have a couple hot-selling model kits on my hands, but I just don't get a good feeling from any of this stuff except that truck. Not to mention that pickups sell pretty well when the manufacturers get around to actually making them. The Moebius Fords have outsold every other kit for us just in preorders, can't wait to see how they sell when we actually get them.