Model Cars Magazine Forum

IMC model car promo poster!

This looks vaguely familiar. I think there was a flyer or order form for posters that came with the 1/20 IMC dune buggy kit; anybody have one to check?

Good memory. There is a mini poster like this on the 1/20 IMC Dune Buggy kit's decal sheet:

$_57.JPG

Oh man that is so cool. Seems to me its more Laugh-in related then G.T.O. related. It is now my mission to find the others and a decal sheet. Lol. Could you just buy these posters back in the day?

The name for the Pontiac GTO option came from the Laugh In skit, so they are related. The "very interesting" and "sock it to me" mini posters are Laugh In tie-ins, too, but I got nothing on the "Running Bare Park" poster as far as being Laugh In related.

No idea on the posters, but I wouldn't mind seeing others.

Hard to say, but I would guess this poster was intended to be a hobby shop or store display. I'm no IMC expert, but they had a brief moment of glory when Budd Anderson was there, then the company seemed to fizzle out by the early '70s, so there's not nearly as much ephemera for IMC as there is for Monogram, AMT, et al.

Either way I would frame it, hang it up, and enjoy looking at it. :)

Chris was right there was a coupon on the instructions, I cropped an ebay picture from a recent auction and one of the unique petals of the instruction sheet had the coupon on it. $2.00 for the posters, hope you got a deal at the sale

greg

post-13341-0-31094800-1394503571_thumb.j

Edited by GLMFAA1

• 9 months later...

Now that LRW poster is some killer artwork! Kinda surprised that Round 2 didn't tag their recent rerelease of that kit as IMC, instead of Lindberg, since they have retro artwork on the new box. Maybe they don't have rights to the IMC name, or maybe they don't need another brand in their arsenal, since they're already juggling 5 different model kit brands.

I've always loved that full IMC name: "Industro-Motive Corporation". Just a perfect mid-century, non-descript corporate manufacturing name for a company that could make anything. I seem to recall that IMC actually produced 1:1 automotive parts before branching out into model kits.

Edited by Robberbaron

Really cool posters. I got the IMC Psychedelic Surf Buggy and that sure is psychedelic. Instructions are on a flower and the decalsheet with those strange posters are really cool. I guess it's a very good timecapsule of what things where like back then. My kit also has a little coupon in it that you can send back to get a kit of the new lunar lander that will soon land on the moon. So I guess this was before the small step :)

• 1 year later...

There's an IMC LRW poster on some auction 'site right now:

s-l1600.jpg

Hmmmmmm......I *might* just have to put a bid up for that. I don't care all that much about the IMC aspect, but it would go great with my collection of vintage car mags (Hot Rod/Car Craft/Drag Racing Illustrated) and my love for all things vintage drag racing. ^_^

• 1 year later...