Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 T-bird Round 2

stevez

My understanding is it's the newer tool (Mueller era) kit with the custom parts included. I can't say why they held out on releasing the Custom parts version until now considering they were most likely part of the original tooling. I wonder what else the folks at RC2 held out on us?

-Steve

Edited by SteveG

• 3 months later...

I've got one, but not pics. Good kit, body & chassis both excellent. Chrome is shakey, with large stub attachments (sombreros, be very careful)and some flash. Engine is good, some flash on small parts. The pad printed wwalls are excellent!!! Decals are well done. Custom parts include the sombreros, decals, engine option, & skirts. I'd buy another.

You also get rear axle lowering parallel leaves, tonneau cover, and the pad printed wwall radial tires (great) for the sombrero wheels. The decals are scallop style, as seen on the box. Again major issue is the chrome: removal, flash, and wavey uneveness in some areas. I am doing full build review for IPMS national website, hopefully be done in next month or so.

http://web.ipmsusa3.org/

Edited by stevez

You also get rear axle lowering parallel leaves, tonneau cover, and the pad printed wwall radial tires (great) for the sombrero wheels. The decals are scallop style, as seen on the box. Again major issue is the chrome: removal, flash, and wavey uneveness in some areas. I am doing full build review for IPMS national website, hopefully be done in next month or so.

http://web.ipmsusa3.org/

Yeah, the chrome on mine is iffy too. Mine has the tonneau cover, but no lowering leaves and the whitewalls are the two piece Firestones as seen in the '62 Catalina kit.

I have just picked this one up today, and I like it. The new additional pieces set it off, and the white styrene is just what the doctor ordered. You still have to go to the Modelhaus for a set of stock wheel covers and pin whites for a true replica stock non-roadster convertible. Time Machines Resin does the hardtop transkit that fits it like a glove.

2009_0718july09mamameeting0043.jpg

You have to scratch build a rear window and package tray (no biggie).

The Model Car Garage has an excellent photoetch set for this kit, and if you are like me, and have some of the earlier interrations of the kit, Replicas and Miniatures Co. of MD. has the fender skirts and stock air cleaner.

I have just picked this one up today, and I like it. The new additional pieces set it off, and the white styrene is just what the doctor ordered. You still have to go to the Modelhaus for a set of stock wheel covers and pin whites for a true replica stock non-roadster convertible. Time Machines Resin does the hardtop transkit that fits it like a glove.

2009_0718july09mamameeting0043.jpg

You have to scratch build a rear window and package tray (no biggie).

The Model Car Garage has an excellent photoetch set for this kit, and if you are like me, and have some of the earlier interrations of the kit, Replicas and Miniatures Co. of MD. has the fender skirts and stock air cleaner.

Kit includes fender skirts, they fit pretty well, also there are 2 air cleaners, isn't one of them stock??