Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking at other forums makes me wonder, what other hobbies do you have?

DrKerry

My main hobby is woodworking, then fishing, followed by listening to good rock and roll. Unfortunately I am finding I can't do the first two too much anymore, thus my re-emergence into modeling. Yrs of beating the hell out of my lungs is taking its' toll. Can't do the things I loved doing.

advice to others: if you don't smoke, don't ever start. If you do smoke, quit now! Don't wait til you can't breathe anymore.

John

That's great advice John and I'm REALLY glad that I had quit 28 years ago.

model trains

photography

writing

collecting LP;s amd music

computers

I built model trains for over 40 years....had to sell them when I moved to my apartment.....I do have some 1/2" scale yet though....all scratch built of course.

My main hobby is woodworking, then fishing, followed by listening to good rock and roll. Unfortunately I am finding I can't do the first two too much anymore, thus my re-emergence into modeling. Yrs of beating the hell out of my lungs is taking its' toll. Can't do the things I loved doing.

advice to others: if you don't smoke, don't ever start. If you do smoke, quit now! Don't wait til you can't breathe anymore.

John

Hear hear! I myself am closing in on one full year without! I quit smoking after thirty years on June first last year! I feel great.

Now that I’m retired I’m relearning the electric guitar, video games and netflicks (sooo much to see),

Plans for the future: building electric bikes, getting back to drag racing, flipping cars ( for fun & cash ) staying healthy

Fire Apparatus, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Avon Decanters, Dolls,

I read every TREK book I can get

I love Woodworking, but don't have any tools or place to work!

THIS OLD HOUSE, Paper Models (Actually fit here)

I also have a lot of matchbox, Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning.

TOO Many To list really!!

Other than models. Well I collect and service my own 1:1 collection of '70s cars, collect and service 8 track tapes/decks, collect off the wall and random (lost) movies or TV movies from the '60s, '70s, and '80s, also big into the out of doors. Parks and Rec was my major in college, did a lot of water sports and camping while in college.

No other hobbies for me!

I'm a single parent of a 9 year old, so she is priority # 1, everything evolves around her. I spend a lot of time helping her with school, sports and teaching her right from wrong ;)

Model cars are my 'time out' from her :) !

Luckily I missed out on that! I am sorry you had to go through it though. My mother has gone through two of them so I empathise.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I had to get a double bypass done and it is not the most fun thing to deal with, but I'm glad to hear you have made it almost a year. ;)

John

Amen, my dad has copd and can't go anywhere without full time oxygen. My friend I ride with smokes and he's hackin so bad and he's only 30. Quit smoking and enjoy life!!!!!!!

No other hobbies for me!

I'm a single parent of a 9 year old, so she is priority # 1, everything evolves around her. I spend a lot of time helping her with school, sports and teaching her right from wrong ;)

Model cars are my 'time out' from her :) !

I hear ya Helix, my little 6 year old girl is the center of my life. People ask me from time to time who my hero is, I simply say "My daughter". HAving had 10 surgeries and about one more to go for now she is the most independant, caring, beautiful, fun, polite and down to earth girl I know. And she's only 6!!!!!!

God bless our children!!!!!!

WOW, talk about a diverse bunch of peeps. I just read through all of them, from scuba divers to storm chasers. I would of never guessed so many different and kool hobbies you all have. Joker, love the flys!!!!! My grand father used to do that and I still have quite a few of them. Tom, love the furniture, you've got some awesome stuff there!!!!

Kool stuff everyone, thanks for sharing!!!!!!

I am into 1:1 cars... I build, sell and contract to do other peoples cars... I also play the Guitar, Bass Guitar, Banjo, Mandelin, Drums, Sax, and Clarinet...

My kid would envy you. He plays guitar, drums and a bit of piano....

WOW, talk about a diverse bunch of peeps. I just read through all of them, from scuba divers to storm chasers.

That is the fun part. People who have hobbies are smart, creative and interesting folks. They have to understand things around them, and dig into learning deep into subjects just out of their natural curiosity. They spend time studying, learning and creating things. That's why we stand apart from the herd that is satisfied with a life of watching TV.

Edited by Tom Geiger