Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volkswagon type 2 hot rod "Shorty"

cobraman

Thought about putting this in the truck section but since it is mostly car with just a truck body thought it would be ok here. Wanting to build a model that resembles a pic of something I saw here not long ago. Starting with the 'lil Coffin" for the chassis and drive train. The Hasegawa kit will supply the body and at least some of the interior. The body will need to be shortened and you can see by the blue tape how much will be cut out of it. Won't be an exact copy but this is the look I am going for. Not everybody's cup of tea I know but there is something about it I just think is cool.

shorttruck001_zpsf16435b1.jpg

shorttruck002_zps39f9f525.jpg

Got the body in primer today. Still more to do until paint. I also cut a piece of Bass wood that will be stained and placed in the bed. The fact that the wood will cover up the cut that is in the bed has no bearing on why I am doing the wood. You say you don't believe that ? You got me. That is 100 % why I am doing it. : )

4tinyvw002_zpsbb95ce23.jpg

4tinyvw003_zpsbd21ddb0.jpg