Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

Hi,

I am having trouble copying text from a Word document to this forum. First I tried cut and paste. That did not work. Then I tried using the "Paste from Word" icon in the above menu and that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

john

Highlight your complete Word document, then do command or Ctrl, then c to copy.

Go to the copy box here and do command or control plus v to paste

Simple copy and paste.

But as Howard said, just type into the appropriate boxes here. Do you want to start a new topic or rely to a topic? You'll see the clickable buttons here and the box will appear.

Edited by sjordan2

Highlight your complete Word document, then do command or Ctrl, then c to copy.

Go to the copy box here and do command or control plus v to paste

Simple copy and paste.

But as Howard said, just type into the appropriate boxes here. Do you want to start a new topic or rely to a topic? You'll see the clickable buttons here and the box will appear.

Now this is strange. Cut and paste works using my laptop, but not my desktop. The desktop is running the current version of WIndows, but the laptop is running a previous version of Windows.

If you're using Internet Explorer all you need to do is

go onto "tools"

open "compatibility view settings" and

klik on where it says "add this website"

That should take care of it.

You shouldn't need to get another browser even though some people around here will preach it to you like they're getting paid by the convert from other browser companies. ;)

If you're using Internet Explorer all you need to do is

go onto "tools"

open "compatibility view settings" and

klik on where it says "add this website"

Type in "download google chrome" or "download firefox" in your Google search window. Hit "enter".

Pick one of the dozens of choices and click it.

Follow the prompts.

Forget Internet Explorer

See what I mean about people trying to get you to get a new browser? LOL :rolleyes:

It's true that IE didn't work well on this site but that was years ago with older versions of the program.

Browsers seem to be very much like a religion around here.

See what I mean about people trying to get you to get a new browser? LOL :rolleyes:

It's true that IE didn't work well on this site but that was years ago with older versions of the program.

IE is...it's...it's garbage; use a good one, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it...kinda like when you made the switch from dial-up to high-speed internet...if you ever did. B)

Believe it or not, there are actually a very few sites remaining that can only be viewed correctly using IE.

This isn't one of them. :D

IE is...it's...it's garbage; use a good one, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it...kinda like when you made the switch from dial-up to high-speed internet...if you ever did. B)

Believe it or not, there are actually a very few sites remaining that can only be viewed correctly using IE.

This isn't one of them. :D

Well, it works fine for me Bill. I actually did have both Chrome and Firefox on this machine. Never use them because I just don't care for how they work. Just a simple matter of what you like to use.

Dropped Chrome altogether, just have Firefox because it's what was on the computer at my wife's work. Easier for her to use the one browser than two different ones.

and no, I don't have dial up or or "hi-speed" internet. Haven't had that for years.

Edited by Can-Con

maybe so, but the Chrome guys aren't the ones with posting problems. not to say i don't have "issues", but the doctor says i'm making progress, and since the change in medication the episodes come much less frequently. and would someone PLEASE answer that phone?

• Gregg unpinned this topic