Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Your Favorite Kit You Build More Than Once?

Here's a few.

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF2431.jpg

DSCF2915.jpg

And a conversion using Revell's kit.

DSCF3851.jpg

The rest are in a display case in the St Louis Police Academy Library. I never took photos of them.

Those include Highway Patrol cars from Alabama, Arkansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Tennessee, Florida, and Missouri, Wyoming, Nevada and Utah. There are cars from LAPD, LASD, Dallas, and the NYPD.

I also have trucks and some vintage police cars in that display as well.

G

• Monogram 1/12 `67 Corvette....not sure how many I built, but it is in at least the `teens now
  • Monogram 1/12 `69 Camaro....almost as many as the Corvette
  • Revell/Monogram 3rd gen Trans Ams... cant think of how many I built of these when these were original issues, but I know I built alot of them, I`ve also owned more than a few 1:1`s.

The AMT 1969 Corvair (of course), because it's the only game in town that's readily available for my favorite 1:1 car. I wish someone would come out with a better kit of this beauty, because the current one has it's issues (engine fit, and the front panel has the worst sinks marks in all of modeldom!) Still, I have about 4 cases of the most recent reissue and about a dozen of the "Prestige Series" release from the 1980's that I got when the old Kay Bee Toys chain was getting out of models. Those kits cost me $4 apiece.

Edited by CorvairJim

I would say that mine are these:

Revell:

32 Ford Five Window Coupe, It is just such a Great Foundation for Kit Bashing and conversions that I have gone through seven of them and I have plans for six more!

29 Ford Pick-up (Rat Rod)kits, I have already built 5 of them with Modifications, and one very Weathered and detailed Stock Closed Cab. I also had four more that had been used as parts donners.

1950 F1 Pickup I have Built 4 of these, one as the center piece for a Garage in an old two car Garage being used to build a Hot Rod. The F1 was weathered with somethings I learned from Virgil that made the work easier and look more realistic!

AMT:

50 Chev. 3100 Pick-up, I have built 4 of this kit. One a Customised Chopped Three Window, using The Great Resin Conversion Body from R&M O M! and several other after market parts. The others have all been weathered and detailed stockers! Tow trucks and Shop Trucks!

29 Model A Roadster kits five, two 30's GOW Jobs, and three AV8s( one with an early 50's HEMI, the other two with Flathead V8)

32 Ford Trophy series, I truelly can't remember just how mny of these I have built over the years since I built my first one in the early 60's! They were the first realistic looking 32's as far as I know!

No not for me on the last build just the normal clean up. The exhaust had the most clean up of mold lines. Keep an eye out for mold lines between rear window and door they didn't show up until after I primmered it. It is a build I love probably because I had a 71 long time ago. That is the car I almost died in because of a drunk driver forcing me off the road and down a hill on my roof. I miss that car I think that's why I keep building the kit thinking of the memories I had when I do

Wow, I'm shocked! Either I missed it or no one's responded that they built multiple AMT '57 Chevys. Can't recall how many of those I've built over the years, but that's been my 'go-to' kit.

Yer right I thought of that lookin' down through the list. Any kit, any manufacture (AMT, Revell . . .)1-500x500.png Edited by Greg Myers