Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looks like it's Dave Deal day for some of us. here is another that's been long done but has been put away out of sight for some time now. Duplicolor red with dechromed exhaust. I tried my hand at faux wood on the prop. Came out pretty cool for a first try.

331qgrb.jpg
dfyc2h.jpg
35n31w8.jpg
167sdhj.jpg
24g3sk5.jpg

Viva Dave Deal!!!!!

Nice clean build. I think I built all the Dave Deal kits back in the day......have a few mint kits to try again someday.

Many years ago I thought about the Dave Deal plane kits and wondered what a Tom Daniel plane based kit MIGHT look like.

This was the result.

SPAD1-vi.jpg

BAD SPAD showrod........It was fun anyway!!!!

1/28 Revell Spad kit was the base.

Thanks Bob. Aside from the terrible parting line that was going to be obvious I think the black exhaust strikes balance a bit. There is already quite a bit of chrome and figured I could not only get rid of a glaring flaw but also give it a tougher Hot Rod look.

Bob

Oh! And that's a serious looking contraption Dave.

Edited by Dragline

Thanks John. What I've been looking for is the Flap Jack kit. I look on eBay and only see ads for sale. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. If you know that kit then you know what a Hoot it is.

I had one as a kid and would like another shot at it. That thing flapped and jumped around like it missed its Ritalin dose.

I'll keep looking till I find one.