Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lexus LFA

Scale-Master

This was one of the most enjoyable models I have ever built. (And I have built thousands.) Fit and engineering are superb; a highly recommendable kit. I was able to build this in less than two weeks, start to finish.

The rear wing can be displayed up or down. I like that option, but in the end I like the look of it in the down position.

I went with the flat black wheels because the silver plating looked too toy-like with this color scheme.

WIP Thread: http://www.modelcars...opic=53593&st=0

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC09999.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

I did some light weathering and shading to break up that mass of black on the belly pans. At least some of the chassis detail shows through…

DSC00016.jpg

A couple shots of the engine…

DSC09990.jpg

DSC09991.jpg

verry nice . i agree with you a awesome kit to build . probably the best quality kit ive built. i did mine met black with gloss black wheels . but im really liking that white. what did you use for the carbon top?

Edited by jdmfan

Eventually we're going to run out of superlatives if you keep posting up stuff like this. As you said, it's too bad so much of the detail is covered by the panels on the chassis, but at least we got to see it. I can certainly see why you enjoyed building this kit.

I noticed the model is RHD. Do you happen to know if the initial 1:1 version will only be made for sale in Japan?