jcbigpaw

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Full Name:joe colvin

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Word of warning!
Many years ago we got broken into twice the same year and all our electronics were cleaned out both times. Local PD said that was very common because the crooks will wait a while for you to replace everything and then hit you again. We were renting so I just moved but depending on your situation you might want to check into a home security systems.
Sorry for your loss. Hope they slow rot in hell. Hang in there

#22 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,597 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Anything you paid for with a credit card that will give you proof of purchase .
Also when you do replace the things lost DO NOT TAKE THE BOXES TO CURB.Those jerks will watch your garbage for the new boxes and packing . Find a recycle station for the stuff.

#23 FatManScaleDesigns

FatManScaleDesigns

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:ALBERTO PEREZ

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thank you guys for all the information and help. I really appreciate it. its good to know there are proper out there in the world you never met but you share the same hobby and they ate willing to lend a hand or whatever it is you may need...

I talked with my insurance company. I bought my TV, XBOX360 and TV Stand from a store where you finance (which jacked the price up incredibly) I paid almost 2100 for my TV, 150 for the Xbox and 250 for the stand. Insurance company told me that since I've had it that I will only be able to get what the TV is going for cost wise today. well that's only 1000 bucks roughly... I am losing my ass here and I have been very very upset.

The Viking collection stuff I can't put a price on because I don't have pictures of it but I do have an email of the guy I bought two items from... Only thing is, the actual value of the stuff, I trades for two of the items so I cannot put a price on them.

I haven't even touched a model since all this. The police aren't very active, I realize they have jobs but I haven't even recieved a call from the.investigators.

I know the feeling any of you guys have went through when you got broke into. it is a feeling in your stomach that doesn't sit easy... I am mostly very angry about the Ring and the Vikings items...

All of my. model stuff may end up forsale in a lot.. I am gonna need every little bit I can get in the next couple months to get by... living paycheck to paycheck sucked before and this made ot worse.

thank you all again for the input advice.

#24 91blaze

91blaze

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Full Name:John Shull

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hey man, hope you can get what you deserve from the insurance company. I know they're a pain to deal with and will try to lowball you to death. I think they're in the wrong to only give you half what you paid for the tv. Good luck man, just keep pushing the insurance company and eventually they will give in.

#25 Jeff Johnston

Jeff Johnston

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

THAT S U C K S !!! I hope you find the guy so you can punch him right in the face before he goes to Jail.... Yeah I know that'll get you in trouble too but I'd have to do it and take my chances,