I tried the reversed headers idea few years ago using copper electrical wire. I couldn't make the joints as clean as you did so I went with the wrap. Which didn't last unfortunately. Yours is much nicer than what I ended up with.
Same here. We have a few good ones here in Tampa Bay and buying kits for 8-12 bocks is pretty common. Of course anything by Johan or hasn't been released in forever, can run the gamut. And we also have the guys that have all the latest stuff for $28 per. I just pass them by.
I really like the overall piece, but I'd like to just make a suggestion to pay closer attention to scale when it comes to adding detail. 1mm in 1:1 scale = 1 inch in 1/25 scale. So using this tool you'll see that your ignition wiring, fuel lines and the rod for the scoop are a little oversized.
Thanks Carl, I'm just waiting on some time to work the drum brakes from the roadster kit into the wheels from the Corvette and then I'll start painting. I just got the paint paint booth set up in the apartment so I'll finally get some decent paint. More soon.
Well knowing me it could end up as a mess but I'll try the mesh first. Thanks for the ataboys guys. So far I'm very impressed with the '29 roadster kit. It really is very modern. They have added these little tabs all over the parts that are very easy to remove cleanly, that were added to the mold to give the ejector pins something to push against besides the parts themselves. I've yet to find a bad part or something that doesn't fit. The mold lines are as minimal as possible (the benefits of a new mold). The roadster itself isn't a priority as I finished a 32 roadster not too long ago, but I will certainly get to it. Maybe someone will master a Duval windshield for it and I'll do that. More soon.