The Report function of the forum works well. If you see someone acting up, acting out, or just being an okole, use the Report function. It works! I have it set up so it not only sends me an email, but that email is then marked with a flag, and get's put to the top of my email list. I will try to access/look at the report/topic as soon as possible, but remember, I'm on a six hour time delay, and other mods not only have a life, but a real job as well. k den
Throttle pedal done today.....6 pieces, brass base plate, diamond plate brass from Plano model parts, heel plate, toe strap, throttle linkage bracket and rod to attach it to the chassis. I'll nickeel plate it all later...another one off the list. A white plastic parts bash piece is shown in the 1st pic as a reference. I wanted the detail of the diamond plate for texture. cheers, tim
Note to self, need micro-spring...........for you know what. I don't think I've every seen ANY model weber carb, no matter what the scale, as nice as this. I had them on my MGB as a kid, and your pics bring back memories (being an MGB, most weren't that great). The shot with the light shining down through the throat is just a big ol' giggle. Thanks for the update Randy, Tim
Brad, I'm still waffling between a torsion bar setup or my first choice, a coil over shock arrangement. It shouldn't be all that much longer till I get to that point. thanks for following. Chris, I have no doubt you could make something like this and even do it better. You should try making your F.E.D chassis in brass. That's going to be an awesome build no doubt. Randy, just a few piddlin' bars when compared to your brass masterpieces. Your positive comments are very welcome from a craftsman like yourself. Thanks again. Dave, yeah, I laugh too when I see all that shiny brass that's going to be painted eventually. I really like that black you just sprayed on your dragster chassis. Makes the metal work pop all the more. I wouldn't mind having mine look half as nice as your build when it's done. appreciated! Davewilly & John...............thanks as well!! Cheers everyone!
Seeing as this part of the forum is near or at the bottom of the list on Topics, I sometimes forget to stop by. My loss. Great googily moogily man, the last pics and detailed you shared John are awesome. 10 minutes and a cup of coffee and I'll be done checking out all the cool stuff you've done again. You're nearing the finish line aren't you? cheers, tim
Great tips Pete. I just learned a new trick, that being the heat to release the super glue. I've used acetone to remove it but I'm going to be in need of this method for a particular reason. THANKS!! I was not as knowledgeable about the various grades of aluminum beyond the standard 6061, I've tried others and stumbled across the 7075 for the Donovan. I used it to make some pieces and everything you mention about it is true. I bought more. What scale are the engines Pete? Lastly, I want to acknowledge the beautiful soldering job you did on the coolant pipe and the fact you heated and stretched the individual pieces to replicate the part. That type of detail goes unnoticed all too often. Now get back to work. cheers
Pete....Pete...........Pete.......(did I say Pete?) finally, you've posted a build / WIP and I must say I'm NOT disappointed, that's fantastic and I love the subject you're tackling. That turned engine finish is something I'll have to PM you for added info so I might try my hand at replicating that. Everything you're doing is stunning. Count me as a fan too and will be waiting for YOUR future updates. btw, doesn't matter how long it takes if you're willing to do what it takes to make something special like that...........you take all the time you need, we'll be here waiting. cheers, tim
Chris, I actually made up the side helmet bars but after an hour of messing with them, I said enough and stopped for the day and posted these pics. getting them level and lined up properly, even with the gadgets I have to assist, well, it just didn't work the way I wanted. I even did the Clay Kemp "hold it with my fingers" method but that didn't work either. I'll get to them tomorrow perhaps, Monday for sure. They DO complete the look of the cage and I can't wait to get them on. Thanks Dave, after 2 1/2 years of soldering brass, I'm finally getting the hang of it, no cold, ugly joints and no releasing of already completed work. took me long enough huh? Bob & Pete, thanks guys.............and Pete, for me the all true saying of "necessity is the mother of invention" springs to mind. Can't believe I'm still learning stuff every time I sit down at the bench, even at my age. Paul, thanks too, I've gotta run as I've got to jump over to your thread and check out the BEAST.............I must see it in primer, I can only imagine how pleased you must be on how it turned out. Cheers!!
Hey guys, thanks for checking it out. Progress has been made and I'm almost done with the big stuff on the chassis with the exception of the front suspension. Just the helmet side bars and 4 or 5 tiny brackets to put on and now I can finally get to the hubs /brakes. We also had some sunshine today, seems like forever around these parts since we last had any so I took some pics of the chassis progress as of this morning. cheers, tim
Please remember the chassis is only 4.5" in overall length. It's not quite the project that Randy's Birdcage is, but it has been testing my abilities.