Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jay Leno's Garage this last looked at the car Nissan is running at LeMans this here. Very cool! Plus they talked and rode with a very cool young driver they hired to drive the car. The guy came up from the video community. Nice kid. Great story. Cool car. Guess who I'll be rooting for to win this one?

Scott

Yes, will be watching and I also have a 24 hour modelling project planned :D

I will be watching it on Eurosport and Eurosport 2 but possibly with the comentaries from radiolemans.com as the norwegian comentaries on Eurosport are no good.

Edited by Atmobil

Because of the change of date for the Toronto Indy from July to June, I will be at the track most of the weekend and will miss most of the 24 :( I may get to watch a few minutes but being at the track 12-15 hours a day doesn't leave much time :(

If you go to the 24 website, they may have a direct link to online streaming. Just watch your time. depending on your internet program so you don't run over your allotted time/broadband allowance.

I believe the official feed is on lemans-tv.com. I suspect the gods of soccer and NA$CAR are the reason it isn't on FOX 1. I saw the Jay Leno piece. The kid is from the GT Academy which is connected with Gran Turismo. I am glad these games expose kids to Lemans and Nurburgring and help them realize their is more to motorsport and it's history than NA$CAR. Here is the link for Jay's show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw_2N3tGMEg

Edited by 935k3

Here is the TV schedule. It ticks me off that Fox keeps bouncing the coverage back and forth between Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2.

That really screwed me over when Spa was going on so I didn't bother watching. Fox Sports 1 and 2 areseperated by a few channels on my tv so I didn't see it changed.

Edited by Relic_Models

I was lucky and found a stream of the Eurosport coverage of all 24 hrs. I watched the first 16hrs straight then slept and watched the last couple of hours. The British announcers are much better than the Fox's guys anyway. It is a shame that in this country watching pickup trucks race was more important than the greatest race that only comes once a year.

We have a number of teams based here where I am near the Silverstone race circuit.

The new Nissan GT-R front engine/front wheel drive, Rebellion and Strakka are just three of those teams. The LMP1's can get up to 230 mph along the Mulsanne straight, but after a few flips they put chicanes in to slow things down a little.

I was there when one of the Mercedes cars went over in practice/qualifying, everyone in the stands near the pits could see this on the big screens. It's amazing how quiet it went. The driver Peter Dumbreck climbed out after the car landed on it's wheels in part of the forest, completely unhurt!

I've been to the race a few times, but watching on TV the lenses foreshorten the images and therefore the speed.

It was good to see a virtual rookie team win in the Porsche 919 Hybrid with our local driver Mark Webber second, in the sister car.

Edited by PatW

We have a number of teams based here where I am near the Silverstone race circuit.

The new Nissan GT-R front engine/front wheel drive, Rebellion and Strakka are just three of those teams. The LMP1's can get up to 230 mph along the Mulsanne straight, but after a few flips they put chicanes in to slow things down a little.

I was there when one of the Mercedes cars went over in practice/qualifying, everyone in the stands near the pits could see this on the big screens. It's amazing how quiet it went. The driver Peter Dumbreck climbed out after the car landed on it's wheels in part of the forest, completely unhurt!

I've been to the race a few times, but watching on TV the lenses foreshorten the images and therefore the speed.

It was good to see a virtual rookie team win in the Porsche 919 Hybrid with our local driver Mark Webber second, in the sister car.