Model Cars Magazine Forum

’63 Corvette

Scale-Master

This is one I’m doing for a friend.  I changed the wheels and tires from the stock ones that come in the kit.  I cast some more wheel copies from a Camaro project I did a couple months ago.  The tires came from the parts box, I sanded the lettering off and replaced them with decals I made.

Since they were both taller and wider I had to cut the front inner fender wells out to make them fit, and to lower the car.  I also notched the axle holes front and rear.

The interior is just straight out of the box, but painted in non-stock colors.

The body is Telephonica Blue, the decals are all custom made.  So are the hood “vent” panels.

This is one I’m doing for a friend.  I changed the wheels and tires from the stock ones that come in the kit.  I cast some more wheel copies from a Camaro project I did a couple months ago.  The tires came from the parts box, I sanded the lettering off and replaced them with decals I made.

Since they were both taller and wider I had to cut the front inner fender wells out to make them fit, and to lower the car.  I also notched the axle holes front and rear.

DSC05735_zps7q663mpl.jpg

The interior is just straight out of the box, but painted in non-stock colors.

DSC05736_zpskydjsr6m.jpg

DSC05737_zpsn5xgeu3v.jpg

The body is Telephonica Blue, the decals are all custom made.  So are the hood “vent” panels.

DSC05738_zpskd9vnyy2.jpg

DSC05739_zpsr5ayqp7u.jpg

DSC05740_zpsfcfc7euo.jpg

DSC05741_zpsfcz3qhma.jpg

Killer. What kit and scale?  (Sorry for quoting here, but sometimes that's the only way I can reply on this forum without getting shunted to another site. This time I got sent to Reddit). 

Thanks Ed. 

I have built the '57 Chevy and the '70 Chevelle  from this snap series too.  The bodies look very nice but are simplified.  If you are willing to spend a few hours on cleaning up the mold lines and doing some panel line scribing they come out nice for shelf models.  There is something different about the plastic, it is a bit softer and it has a slick feeling before you sand through the surface, but it takes all kinds of paints with no problem.  Perfect for experimenting with new paint schemes or colors.

They come with stickers instead of decals, that is something to consider.  Also they don't have rearview mirrors, and he '57 comes with some nice wheels...