Model Cars Magazine Forum

Delahaye 135, Heller, 1/24

Matt Bacon

Thank you very much, one and all! Sorry there's not more to see and read, but it's a condition of doing the article, sadly.

Allan... yours looks excellent, and I can see we're very much "on the same page". I think Heller did the wheel spat components in different colours to give the two tone effect, but I chickened out of masking them. You didn't!

Skip... you're too kind...

Charlie -- it's Tamiya TS-23 Light Blue and TS-55 Dark Blue, mostly out of the can (I had to touch up the front right spat with the airbrush after the darn thing split as I was trying to get it to fit...)

Geoff -- it'll be in Airfix Model World, not sure what issue yet.

..and yes, I do wish someone did a Saoutchik or Figoni and Falaschi bodied version...

bestest,

M.

The F&F versions are a definite as I have drawing of both the 135 and 165 which give me all the views needed to create the files needed to 3d print the parts. If you haven't yet, I suggest you check out my w.i.p posts at  http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/101922-1935-lasalle-convertible-coupe-3d-printed-at-home-july-28/ and http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/104304-59-plymouth-vert-with-some-3d-printedparts-august-11/. You will better understand my confidence when I state that it's going to happen.

This build is admirable and quite Beautiful . I know what you had to work with . Kudos to you .. These Veteran , Vintage , Antique , Pioneer Autos are my favorite . I build these of all kit manufacture  . Heller kits are included in my collection . Yes Virginia , they don't make them like they used to . I failed not yield to temptation of having Scale 3 D of all makes , countries , models , body styles , Kudos .. Thanx ..

Edited by diamxion retread

Wow! Matt, that is a thing of beauty. No wonder why it's destined for a magazine feature. So crisp and sharp... excellent work. B)

And Allan... same for yours. Excellent work, very slick and clean.

Man... this is what model building is all about! To me, at least... ^_^

^^What he said^^

G

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...