Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Morris Mini Pickup

This is the Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper Rally car kit, combined with the long-gone Scale Kraft pickup transkit. I used the wheels from the Austin Mini Cooper- they're not prototypically correct for a pickup, but they're about the closest thing to a plain BMC steel wheel you can find. I used the knobby tires from the rally kit on the drive axle and the regular tires in back. There are still a few doodads I'd like to add, but it'll pass for finished for the time being. 

Thanks guys! I had a blast building this, and it helped to take my mind off some of the more "serious" stuff I had going on at the moment. Modeling certainly is theraputic!

Just because I can, and because I had to test out my new camera (Kodak AZ251), here's another jaunty-angle pic.

• 2 weeks later...

Superb Chuck, my late brother bought his 1963 light green MiniVan direct from the factory at Oxford just 20 miles from home. The late mother passed her driving test at the age of 64 after dad passed away and she bought a second hand Mini Traveller in darker green with the real wood trim down the sides and across the back double doors!

Edited by PatW