Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet SSR

Aggie

DSC00265

Super nice paint scheme!  Came out real well!  

I've always liked the SSR.  The only design cue I don't like is how the top bar on the grill goes across the headlight. I think it would look so much better if it stopped short of hitting the light. Back when they were new, Bill and I went to the GM drive event and got to take them around a road course.  Pretty much a Corvette pickup! I'd even take one of the earlier 6 cylinder models.  Above is a photo from that event.

DSC00265

Super nice paint scheme!  Came out real well!  

I've always liked the SSR.  The only design cue I don't like is how the top bar on the grill goes across the headlight. I think it would look so much better if it stopped short of hitting the light. Back when they were new, Bill and I went to the GM drive event and got to take them around a road course.  Pretty much a Corvette pickup! I'd even take one of the earlier 6 cylinder models.  Above is a photo from that event.

oh wow. I would have love to attend something like that. I would not mind owning one but this car is one of the top ugliest cars according to the wife. I heard that they did handle well. I read somewhere that they where built on the Trail Blazer chassis, is this true?

I heard that they did handle well. I read somewhere that they where built on the Trail Blazer chassis, is this true?

True. I just looked it up. News to me, I never thought about it before. I always thought of it more as a Corvette pickup! They did handle well.  I took them through the road course that GM set up with cones. I then took a full size Chevy pickup through the same course and driving it the same as the SSR, I slid off the course and through the cones!  

Nice detail work, the colour scheme and graphics works well on it. I've never been a fan of the Createx paints. 

Have you tried their line of AutoAir, Wicked or their Illistrator paints?

I have not heard of AutoAir. I do have a few bottles of the Wicked. I really like the colors that they have and it sprays pretty easily. Now I mainly mix my one colors using just 97 cent acrylic paint and windsheld washer fluid to dilute..

Illi

I have not heard of AutoAir. I do have a few bottles of the Wicked. I really like the colors that they have and it sprays pretty easily. Now I mainly mix my one colors using just 97 cent acrylic paint and windsheld washer fluid to dilute..

The line of Illistrator paints have the same mix consistency and pigment grind as the Wicked line. Which acrylics are you using?