Model Cars Magazine Forum

Words/Phrases not around 20 years ago......

Man...20 years ago was the 90's...crazy. 

Anyway - 

"Google it" (and "Bing it" etc)

"fam" (apparently it's an abbreviation for family, but not literally...it's supposed to mean "friend, pal, etc")

"Lit" (means either drunk or high or maybe it just means inebriated...something like that)

All the "politically correct" terms for Welfare and Food Stamps

"The 1%"

And my nominee for the all-time most annoying, overused, most clichéd phrase ever...

"at the end of the day"...

God, every time I hear that I want to just strangle the doofus who just said it!

There are sooooo many phrases that are overused, annoying, or don't even make sense, but at the end of the day, I try to just ignore it :D

And my nominee for the all-time most annoying, overused, most clichéd phrase ever...

God, every time I hear that I want to just strangle the doofus who just said it!

God didn't get that message. He was busy networking.

That one WAS around 20 years ago. I distinctly remember it coming in at the beginning of the Clinton administration, which would have been 1993. And I think it was common in Britain long before that.

That one WAS around 20 years ago. I distinctly remember it coming in at the beginning of the Clinton administration, which would have been 1993. And I think it was common in Britain long before that.

"At the end of the day" has been used for longer than that, Richard. Urban Dictionary has the best definition:

An irritating verbal crutch, indicating closure or synopsis, for morons who are incapable of finishing a sentence without incorporating at least one tired cliche.     

"At the end of the day" has been used for longer than that, Richard. Urban Dictionary has the best definition:

An irritating verbal crutch, indicating closure or synopsis, for morons who are incapable of finishing a sentence without incorporating at least one tired cliche.     

That's like totally awesome.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

How about, "It is what it is." I'm getting sick of hearing it.

This is a one-size-fits-all, multi-purpose definition suitable for most of these words/phrases:

:D