Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger

bigzm125

What's up guys and girls?  I have another Charger for you!  This is the yellow labeled pro modeler 1969 Dodge Charger. Did not do any body modifications other than cutting the motor mounts to make the massive Hemi sit right in the bay.  The wheels may not be the right year for the car but it is what i had on hand and they where free!  They came from the 1968 Charger kit.  Details include wired spark plugs, battery, firewall, and brake booster.  I added real rubber hoses for the heater and radiator.  Interior came out to be my best yet! Made seat belts using craft ribbon and BMF.  The floor board was flocked using nail flocking (really cheap on eBay, $10 for an assortment of 10 colors). Center console also has a little BMF added.  The chassis is pretty simple, just some painted on details.  First time trying the over spray look, probably went a little over board.  Pint is all rustoleum rattle can with the vinyl top being one of their satin finishes.  Can not remember the exact colors but can find out if needed. Don't be scared to point any flaws, only makes me better.  Hope ya'll like it!  Thanks! 

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

Thanks! This was the first time adding so much detail for the firewall. The paint isn't my best but don't think it's chipped. Don't remembers if the antique plate came with this kit or not just liked the purple on white. Glad you pointed that out cause I just realized there is no plate on the front lol. 

Thanks! This was the first time adding so much detail for the firewall. The paint isn't my best but don't think it's chipped. Don't remembers if the antique plate came with this kit or not just liked the purple on white. Glad you pointed that out cause I just realized there is no plate on the front lol. 

Yeah, when I build older cars I usually put on a licence plate from the year of the car. But I like the idea of using a current plate that's marked "antique".

Tn. only has 1 plate anyway, maybe a manufacturers plate would complete the front. Dodge Mopar etc... Nice color combo. I'd be proud to showcase it.

Looks real good, but not a fan of the brown vinyl roof. I would have gone with black.

Wish i had a better camera or maybe my lighting is off but the colors are not represented well.  The car is actually more of a greenish blue and the top is maroon.  The interior pick is closer to the actual color.  Thanks for the input!

I LOVE it!!  This is one of the best Charger builds I've seen.  The color combo is a little out there (I think that's what the paint chip comment was about.. Not chipped paint but too many color chips), but the late 60s were out there, so it fits.  Great vinyl top, great details.... Just superb

I LOVE it!!  This is one of the best Charger builds I've seen.  The color combo is a little out there (I think that's what the paint chip comment was about.. Not chipped paint but too many color chips), but the late 60s were out there, so it fits.  Great vinyl top, great details.... Just superb

Man thats awesome! Glad you really dig it.  I was a little lost on the chips comment but you straighten me out! Thanks!! 

Really nice job on your Charger , clean and nicely detailed !  Nothing wrong with using paint you have on hand even if the colors may not be factory correct , there's plenty of real cars on the road that aren't painted original colors .  I like it ! :)

Nice build. I hope you don't mind but whenever I see a nice build I save the pictures for future reference to improve my detailing. 

By all means! Honored you think it is that nice lol.  That is what i think the forum is for!  With out all the reference picture I found on here it wouldn't have came out how it did.