Model Cars Magazine Forum

'78Mustang II Cobra

Mustang Madness

This kit was a Revell "Monroe Handler Street Racer"  released in 1979,  It was one of the first models I ever built back in the day,  I found one on ebay unbuilt a couple weeks ago and snagged it,  but instead of doing it in it's original Monroe yellow and blue, I opted for a more regular color choice. 

Wheels are out of a '68 Mustang kit,  tires are from the Monroe kit,  exhaust tips are aluminum tube. 

DSCN0225.JPG

DSCN0226.JPG

DSCN0230-001.JPG

Nice to see another one of your builds -VERY nice!!!!  -I've been eye-balling one of these kits for a while now. Any issues with it?

Hey Dan how's it goin' ..  thanks for the comment, there was no issues with it,  I was working on the AMT 1:16 '65 Mustang and I was getting a little bored with it, I bought this off of ebay and started on this one.  I got this done over the space of a week and it went together nice.  Tires are a two piece deal and they're like a hard vinyl type material which I didn't care for too much but the kit went together pretty well and i'm happy with it. Headlamps were just chrome plated with no clear lens, so I used some Testors clear plastic glue and built up a lens on them to try and disguise the simple chrome ones they used.

Edited by Mustang Madness