Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 (Gasser Style Street Freaky Nongasser Show Car) 'Vette

James2

So keeping with the Show,Street, Freakie theme here are some parts , dechromed and ready to go.

These will receive some form of Alcald But for now I shortened the 62 traction bars then I mocked up and attached them and the wheelie bars to the rear axle.

Body work will continue.

Well Richard "Call Me Snake" Mesner, if you look closely at the second picture you can see the rear end.

As far as a chassis goes it is the Revell 67, modified slightly to except a straight axle. Front and Rear!

Okay. I apologize for asking. Drive on; I won't interfere or show interest again.

If your gonna apologize, do so for making irrelevant comments regarding Gasser Class rules and regulations in a non drag racing topic. 

There is no need the be rude, you seem to be knowledgeable and a Corvette fan. Perhaps you could start a Gasser topic in the General area?

If your gonna apologize, do so for making irrelevant comments regarding Gasser Class rules and regulations in a non drag racing topic. 

Hmmm. I guess you didn't read the title of the thread after you posted it.

67 GASSER 'Vette.

A GASSER is a type of drag-racing car. Comments were relevant to the topic indicated by the title of the thread.

If you had posted a title saying something like "Gasser-style street freak", we wouldn't be having a problem. Street-freaks don't get built to any standards or rules. Gassers DO.

MY sincere apology for not being able to mind-read into the topic title that said "GASSER" that it wasn't a GASSER.

NO DISRESPECT of you or your project was ever intended by anyone, nor was there any attempt to move the thread off-topic.

This is an interesting project, and I look forward to seeing whatever direction you ultimately go with it.

But if you're gonna call something a "porcupine", don't be surprised if you get comments about porcupines...even if it's not posted in the porcupine section of the board.  ;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Hmmm. I guess you didn't read the title of the thread after you posted it.

67 GASSER 'Vette.

A GASSER is a type of drag-racing car. Comments were relevant to the topic indicated by the title of the thread.

If you had posted a title saying something like "Gasser-style street freak", we wouldn't be having a problem. Street-freaks don't get built to any standards or rules. Gassers DO.

MY sincere apology for not being able to mind-read into the topic title that said "GASSER" that it wasn't a GASSER.

NO DISRESPECT of you or your project was ever intended by anyone, nor was there any attempt to move the thread off-topic.

This is an interesting project, and I look forward to seeing whatever direction you ultimately go with it.

But if you're gonna call something a "porcupine", don't be surprised if you get comments about porcupines...even if it's not posted in the porcupine section of the board.  ;)

You are absolutely correct I will correct the title, thank you. 

Guess I'll take my ball and leave now. 

Unless James is doing a commission job here, the only person he has to please on this build is himself. If others, such as myself care to follow along and enjoy this build, all the better. The point has been made about the term "Gasser" and the allowable ride height to be legal for racing. James has decided to build what he wants and it's pretty clear to me that he doesn't care about ride height, please drop it and move on. This back and forth is doing nothing to help this thread.

I love your building style and look forward to seeing this to completion.

In an attempt to to keep the PEACE here are a few PIECES!

And I will say this, it is easy to get caught up in a misunderstanding on the internet. That's why they call it the web... I will carry on, and more most likely...

Edited by James2