Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 bel air pro street

Bluemiles22

while I was looking for reference pictures for the last 62 bel air, I came across some of a pro street version someone built using a 67 chevelle pro street frame. I thought it was cool so that's what I'm going to attempt here. So far I have the tubs on the back of the frame. Still have a little more sanding to do and add some material to fill in the voids on the sides and back so the frame meets the body. The hood was done using the cowl from the 69 nova kit. A little bondo and a lot of sanding lol, it's in primer and almost ready for paint. Thanks for looking.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I got some more done on the frame so it fills the gaps in the back, it's just about ready for paint. Also started on the engine, the block and heads are from the chevelle kit, the valve covers are from tdr innovation and the oil breathers are from pro tech I think. Timing chain cover and the manifold are from vcg resins and the carb is from fireball Modelworks. I should have it all wired up for the next update. Thank you all for the kind comments and for looking.

Rich... Looking good. I am digging what you are doing on this so far. It is possible that it could of been my 62 Pro Street that I Posted years ago because I took an Amt 67 Chevelle Pro Street chassis and  grafted the tubs onto the '62 like you are doing. I am digging the color you went with. Looks great!

Getting started on detailing the engine. I added some fittings and fuel line to the carburetor and also got started on detailing the alternator. I have some nice aluminum pulleys that are gonna be added to get the belt assembly to really pop.

Thanks! Valve covers are from tdr innovation, they're 3D printed pieces. They're a little pricey though, I paid 12 bucks for the one set. They do have a package deal where you get 8 sets with all different badging for 27 dollars. The prep work on them is a little bit of a pain but overall they're very nice pieces.

I've got most of the polishing on this done, I did have a couple of trouble spots where I burned through the paint but they aren't all that bad. All of the foil is done and the badging was added. Next will be getting started on the interior. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna use the stock interior or try and do something more custom.