Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Citroen 2CV "Sausss Ente"

GeeBee

Got the wheels fitted this morning, one thing I hate on any model is wonky wheels, so mine have to be completely level, 

After that I've dry fitted the body,roof and bonnet onto the chassis, 

20170329_144124_zpsuxyzjwmp.jpg

20170329_144116_zps5k2bivua.jpg

20170329_144109_zpshd7v0me0.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

I've loved following this build, especially as Citroen's brilliant quirkiness never gets old lol.  I would love to see you put a vinyl or fabric roof on though as the colors, finish, etc are bang on! I've recently gotten back into this hobby and still completely suck... loll, so I'm not sure if that would throw off the scale or open a whole can of (materials) worms?? In any case I cant wait to see more.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the Chrysler is finished it's time to get back to the 2cv before I run out of time, as I've got plenty of work to get done from next month 

Got the aluminium bmf done, not that there's much of it to, now the body and chassis can be fitted together permanently 

Edited by GeeBee
Restoring photo links

Got the body finally fitted to the chassis, a few drops of 5 minute epoxy at the front and back, and held in place with some strips of Tamiya masking tape, then the headlamps were fitted, they simply fit into holes molded into the chassis, once that was done, I started on the decals, a bit of Solvaset soon had them snuggled down into place.

Edited by GeeBee

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this one will be finished in the morning, as I only have the rear lamps to fit and the front mudflaps, and it's done ....

The front side windows had there frame done using aluminium bmf, while all the others were done in VHT flat black, it's the best flat black I've found that looks more like the black rubber than anything else I've used, they were fixed into place with clear acrylic craft glue.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful build!  Those window frames - what is the story there?  Are they available aftermarket?

The black rubber frames were done airbrushing some VHT matt black enamel, the chrome front's were done using chrome bmf

Ah!  I thought P.L.S. was an aftermarket supplier of some sort, and wondering how I could get those frames here Stateside.  I suppose tape and paint and BMF - just as you indicated. :)

P.L.S is a Camping & Caravan trade supplier, that's actually a pad of post it notes the windows are one, 

Ah.  Well, it's very, very impressive.  You said you use enamels - do you mix you own, or are there readily available equivalents for the green and for the wheels/bumpers?

You inspired me to purchase the kit! :)

Edited by Jonathan