Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beep Beep!

Hmann68

IMG_0143.thumb.JPG.ab79d380c44f2ba1e3628IMG_0144.thumb.JPG.8697b00f8db240d1be47cIMG_0145.thumb.JPG.ee2df9d6e68299da6d74aIMG_0146.thumb.JPG.b5709d291ffa320e85218IMG_0147.thumb.JPG.bbc9f1e390c609799cea4IMG_0148.thumb.JPG.6e15f7366d07f0a7cd824IMG_0149.thumb.JPG.9a70d891b7830d586c25eIMG_0150.thumb.JPG.ade89988c62e938eb06b0Hi all! Here is my 70 RR that I built 17 years ago. It holds a special place in my heart because it was the first model I had done in years and got me back into it. BMF was a new thing for me then and I didn't do too bad for first attempt lol! It's box stock with Testors sublime "limelight" enamel. Tires and wheels are from the 70 gtx 2n1 kit. I just pulled this car out of the showcase for first time in a decade and just put some Fireball tire decals on it to spruce her up a bit and a wax job. Front end lowered a bit. Thanks for looking and Mopar to ya!!

Terrific looking bird! Color, foil, wheels and tires all look great! I have love / hate feelings towards this kit. Love the body. The dimensions are spot on. I hate the engine compartment. Monogram typically drops the ball on under hood and chassis details. They look great on the shelf though! WF

Terrific looking bird! Color, foil, wheels and tires all look great! I have love / hate feelings towards this kit. Love the body. The dimensions are spot on. I hate the engine compartment. Monogram typically drops the ball on under hood and chassis details. They look great on the shelf though! WF

oh I hear you there! But these kits are fun to do and usually go together with a minimum of fuss. You are right there is plenty of room for detailing. 

oh I hear you there! But these kits are fun to do and usually go together with a minimum of fuss. You are right there is plenty of room for detailing. 

Last one that I built, I cut the inner fenders out and rebuilt them with sheet plastic!

Tell us about the car in your sig. pic. I think I may have built a model of it.

DSC00319-vi.jpg

Last one that I built, I cut the inner fenders out and rebuilt them with sheet plastic!

Tell us about the car in your sig. pic. I think I may have built a model of it.

DSC00319-vi.jpg

The pic is a 68 that I plucked from the internet and would be my ultimate choice: the 68 chargers are my fav, and especially in those colors. I don't know who's it is. I did own a black 68 a few years back with black vinyl roof and interior. I sold that and bought a 70 roadrunner in B5 with blue bucket seat interior 383 and console torqueflite. I love that 69 you built! Again perfect colors and nothing looks better than cragars on a charger!! You have good taste, man!

That looks exceptional Chris, I have the GTX up for a build. I usually use parts from my parts stash to detail the underhoods of my models or I scratch build it lol.

DSCN3252.JPG

DSCN3097.JPG

DSCN3603.JPG

DSCN4516.JPG

Edited by Geno