Model Cars Magazine Forum

Teresi / Blair : 1/8 Scale "Italiano" Buick V8 Drag Bike ...On The Workbench 3/23/17

Going very well.

How did you layout the rear axe plates?

Are you going to build all of the iconic bikes of the '60's and '70's?

Hi Steve........just freehand  drawn out and filed .......then eyeballed into place.......I still need to fine sand and add addjusting screws.......I grew with this bike so it`s kinda special......thanks

Hello........I made a seat.......I could`nt  find anything that looked to scale .......so I cut little diamonds out of styrene and glued them on to  the seat pattern......it`s not perfect......but,good enough for the girls I go with......I will clean up the edges, primer, paint......then I will add the piping .......thanks for looking.

Few more WIP pics.......thanks.

DSCF3553_zpschhx5t7a.jpg

DSCF3552_zpslcnytmsc.jpg

DSCF3550_zpsetzmr4bp.jpg

DSCF3549_zps3vd2kacc.jpg

I think this is a great Idea, John You, or Someone, should contact Evergreen Styrene Co and have them make diamond shapes with rounded cut edges for this specific purpose in different scales. That is just too cool. 

Hi John, excellent work so far, as usual. I do have a question about the intake though. When I look at how the ends of the intake compare with the inner exhaust port I am having a hard time figuring out how the end cylinders connect with the intake. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mike 

Hi John, excellent work so far, as usual. I do have a question about the intake though. When I look at how the ends of the intake compare with the inner exhaust port I am having a hard time figuring out how the end cylinders connect with the intake. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mike 

Hi Mike.......your not missing anything......I just messed up and made it wrong......I am making a new one......Thanks:)

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I made a display for this model just for "Shits and Giggles" and to pass the time till GSL next week......then I will finish this bike after GSL......all I need to do is just paint the bike and put it together......my good  friend supplied me with the goodies to make the display.......here is a picture of what I wanted to do....I changed it up a bit......My talanted little Brother Vince made the Scales sign and printed it out from his computer,thanks for your help Vince......and it can be used for 1/8 or 1/16 scale models........thanks for looking

11224515_1002764189775904_48131934478011

DSCF3569_zps4hes5sxu.jpg

DSCF3574_zpsio2otzpy.jpg

DSCF3576_zpsw4gvqwem.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

First off I could say it's perfect-amazing-over the top but I can't since I don't think there are words in our language that could ever convey or express the quality or what you do-I'm more than completely blown away-w0w!!!.What is the rear tire you're using? It looks kinda like the tire from my revell triumph drag bike that I've had for about 30 years that I've never started.After seeing this I think it's time to start rockin on it.Thanks for the inspiration.

PARTS MARTY

Edited by PARTSMARTY