Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R "Hakosuka"

shucky

Mike, I don't remember seeing this thread before so I went back to page 1...........wow you're talented.  Love what you've done with the car and will certainly follow along going forward.  Great work sir.  cheers, tim

Definitely worth reading through from the beginning, fantastic work!

Having owned a fair few 1:1 Datsuns/Nissans over the years (sadly none as exotic as this) you have captured the look and feel of the real components very nicely, like those clamps. They look similar to the style they use on coolant hoses etc.

I like the Bilbo and Star Shark wheels best, but I prefer an old school look on cars of this era.

Thanks fellas, appreciate the kind words and feedback. Finished the front half of the USCP Hydro Brake. These upgrade kits offered by USCP are really great and go together nicely. I wanted something a little fancier, so I scrapped the resin brake booster and arm assembly and upgraded it using RB Motion pieces along with some ProTech bolt heads. The only resin piece that I kept was the "boot" piece seen in the first pic. I drilled it to accept the RB Motion rod end. I also made a new mount out of aluminum sheet which was inserted vertically in the bracket. I will scratch build the brake booster from styrene to finish it off. More to come. 

IMG_5626 (Copy).JPG

IMG_5632 (Copy).JPG

IMG_5631 (Copy).JPG

IMG_5636 (Copy).JPG

IMG_5642 (Copy).JPG

IMG_5644 (Copy).JPG

Edited by shucky

• 2 months later...