Model Cars Magazine Forum

F body meet!

Plastic_Passion

David, I'm pretty sure you could be referred to as the camaro/firebird king! I LOVE that 1/8 scale iroc you did. And I've definitely eyeballed that yellow formula. But all your F bodies are amazing. I need to get another 1/8. Is that the 1/16 iroc you posted also? I've seen the 1/16 bird for cheap, and I've found the 1/16 berlinetta. And also the trans am but can't find a 1/16 iroc to save my life. Great entries man!

Thanks! Yeah, the dark red one is the 1/8 kit, and the bright red is the 1/16 scale kit. If you decide to build the 1/16 kit, there are alot of issues with it. I have a thread on it here somewhere....

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, MarvinGardens said:

Hawk, two questions:

1) Is that Turbo T/A 1:24th-1:25th?

2) Where did the wheels it wears come from?

I ask because you contributed awesome modernized F-body to this thread!

Thanks Marvin!

1. The Turbo T/A is a very rare 1/16 scale MPC "Trophy Series" kit. The kit actually still had the original price tag on it from Allied Hobbies around 1987 or so! It had working lights, which were also original. AFAIK, that kit has never been reissued. 

2. I had to make those wheels. I drew them up, had them 3d printed, and then cast copies and sent them off to chrome. Expensive, but worth it IMO.