Model Cars Magazine Forum

Easy Chrome by ALSA

If it actually works like it looks like it works, and if you can actually brush it, that one can would probably do at least 100 1/25 scale model car bumpers. That's only $2 per.

How does that stack up against sending parts out?

And for anyone making prototype or one-off full-scale parts (like me) it's certainly worth it...if it works.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

If it actually works like it looks like it works, and if you can actually brush it, that one can would probably do at least 100 1/25 scale model car bumpers. That's only $2 per.

How does that stack up against sending parts out?

And for anyone making prototype or one-off full-scale parts (like me) it's certainly worth it...if it works.

Good points Bill, but what is the shelf life of this product? I could see buying this if one had a bunch of grilles and bumpers to chrome, but how much product would you use and what if it goes bad in the can because you didn't use it fast enough? Might be worthwhile for a model club to buy or someone who does resin casting and wants to chrome some of their pieces they offer.