[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
ReidShow

Back at it after 34 years

Hello everyone. Back at it after 35 years. Looking forward to meting some of you.  

Welcome to the forum.

I just realized it's been 20 years since my 30 year break ... feels good!

Welcome Chris, so glad you finally to the right path

A lot has changed for the better.  There is a nostalgia trend which does mean many of the kits we loved 40-50 years ago are based on promos and are far inferior to ones made in the last 20 years.  However, the chances of newer and better "replacements" for older is probably just not going to happen as long as the old molds are still around.  The high prices of rarer kits can be a downer but all in all I would say we have a lot more to chose from than 40 years ago.  The aftermarket is a whole other story and seems to be as active as ever with so many choices to build things the large companies will likely never mold.

Edited by vamach1

Glad to hear that you are building again. If there ever was a golden era in model building it is right now. The talent and willingness of the forum members to share ideas and techniques is really refreshing. What do you like to build ?