Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

Always wanted to build: 1955 Studebaker Conestoga 2-door wagon; very neat and cute!  1961-2 Pontiac Tempest coupe.  NOVI Indy car; any!  Also any Harry Miller special!  1964 Dodge Power-Wagon 4x4 to make USFS Class III fire tanker like I used to boss.  A true 1951 Ford Club Coupe; not a converted '49! 1917 Scripps-Booth roadster, like dad drove to KSU! (Ha!)  Wick

17 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I'm only seeing the mk2 ones just now  but they pop up on ebay quite regular     https://motobitz.uk/kits--trans-kits1.html

Some nice stuff on there. The long wheel base conversion would be a cool build. I remember a video rental van doing the rounds when I was kid, it was a Mk2 Transit long wheel base panel van. I remember exactly how it looked with the primer patches on the door bottoms and the different colour rear wheel arches. I might look more into that one. Thanks, Les.

4 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Some nice stuff on there. The long wheel base conversion would be a cool build. I remember a video rental van doing the rounds when I was kid, it was a Mk2 Transit long wheel base panel van. I remember exactly how it looked with the primer patches on the door bottoms and the different colour rear wheel arches. I might look more into that one. Thanks, Les.

I bought our local water bords old 4x4 mk2. it was blue with a colgne v6. It was a fun beach runner and surprisingly capable over rocks, but still my bay window was better

Studebaker pickup would be great!  I'd also like to see the later Champ, but include this bed option (rather than the surplus Dodge box, maybe?) and an R-3 V-8!  I noticed that the cute Stude Conestoga wagon was among the six photos in Encyclopedia Britannica Yearbook for 1954.  OC, they also said 'no new styling innovations' for 1953, completely missing the Starlight/Starliners.  Brits!?  Were there ever any resins out there?

20 hours ago, W Humble said:

Studebaker pickup would be great!  I'd also like to see the later Champ, but include this bed option (rather than the surplus Dodge box, maybe?) and an R-3 V-8!  I noticed that the cute Stude Conestoga wagon was among the six photos in Encyclopedia Britannica Yearbook for 1954.  OC, they also said 'no new styling innovations' for 1953, completely missing the Starlight/Starliners.  Brits!?  Were there ever any resins out there?

My gf gave me this a few years ago. I think it’s a ‘53. I don’t recall the manufacturer for sure, but I think it was Star models. 1EFD7064-1B4D-4535-BB2E-36CBA896D15F.thumb.jpeg.1ccff1160b6ff3bf234d2355fb946079.jpeg

56 minutes ago, W Humble said:

Cool!!  I have a '53 AMT kit I'm bashing to make a GT car; lots of stock parts to build a Conestoga!!  Could you pls give an old feller (76) a web address for this one?

Thx!!!    Wick  

Here is a screenshot with the website.  I’ve got mine at least 3 yrs ago. Hopefully they will still have one for you!0AD9B2DF-024E-47DF-BF76-1DC14386EF81.thumb.png.b8b9a67b4da0643d9887bb19078b4d8a.png

The pics give me impression that the rear windows are a bit smallish, and the 'V-8' oversize, but what a neat kit!  It's accurate in that the front edge of the hood is a poor fit/screwy gaps, as the real 1/1 cars have that curse usually.  I'll pretend I'm buying a spendy diecast...  The 1/1 sedan I'm making into a 2-dr roadster has that curse.

When I get my Maisto 1/16 d/c done, I'll post photos, prob on the d/c forum.

Wick

• 3 weeks later...

These 2 bikes are instantly recognizable among numerous generations the world over. The fact that they haven't been made as model kits yet is ridiculous. Franklin mint made them years ago in diecast but if you can find either one, you would have to take out a second mortgage to acquire them. I think it's about time that they tool these up in lets say 1/8 would be nice.

1 easy rider.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So many cool pics on here. And i would have to buy a lot of them.  I would like a 72/ 73 triumph spitfire with no bumperettes. 

And some high end 4 doors, even a genesis just something in a newer high end 4 door. 

And station wagons. Wish they would reissue the sky view G.M.  not sure it was a box kit or a resin kit but it was done.