Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

I'm no Mopar fanatic, GM, Ford or Amc, international all have cars/trucks that make my heart rate speed up but please someone make a 60's D100.

Plenty of variants to be made there. There are a couple movie tie ins with Christmas vacation and Overboard, same truck used in both movies. And I know that would be a popular kit. A D200 but like I mentioned plenty of variants. But also that crew cab could be a little easier to make since the rear doors are the same as the fronts I'm almost certain.  

R (3).jpg

f91da38618e40bb27254de19b38e51ab.jpg

• Like 1

For got about this one. 1977 Harley Davidson XLCR. It wasn't the fastest bike or the best performing but it was about the coolest looking bike that ever was. I liked how they had the white letter tires on the entire lineup that year. Not very popular when they came out, now a days the collectors are clamoring for them .

1 77 xlcr.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1972coronet said:

Could easily be done. A new grille and a plain tail lamp panel for the MPC-come-AMT 1975-1976 Dart Sport would *suffice*... I'd be happy with resin or 3D parts for a conversion.

I'd love to stuff a 440 in one of those from the amt '71 Charger kit....😎👍

This list got me thinking. Do we ever do polls to get a feel for what us people that actually build these models want? We could have one for existing tooling. One for new tooling. One for cars, one for trucks, one for big rigs...........etc. Just a thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike C. said:

This list got me thinking. Do we ever do polls to get a feel for what us people that actually build these models want? We could have one for existing tooling. One for new tooling. One for cars, one for trucks, one for big rigs...........etc. Just a thought.

One of the magazines did one back in the day. the problem however with polls is that you get almost as many different subject matter than there are participants. Not saying that there aren't feasible ideas send in, but one has to dig thru a lot of clutter tho, and then still we only make up a small percentage of the market. IIRC companies had more luck with cards inside the kits asking for a catalog or winning a free kit when sending in that post card.

IMHO companies could print a unique code on the instruction sheet of each copy of their kits and with that code online a questionnaire can be filled in,  asking which subject matter one wants, and in return it also gets them data knowing which product goes to what type of customer. But analysing that data cost money too and dunno that in this time and age there's budget for that.

just my 2 cents, cuz I'm not in marketing.

Edited by Luc Janssens
  • Like 2

What I would like to see as a model kit ("All I have to do is dream..."): in 1/24 scale

Ferrari 250 GT/L "Lusso"

Lamborghini Espada (1st series)

Lancia Aurelia B 20 Coupé

Triumph TR 4

Austin Healey 100/6 or 3000 (NEW - not the old Revell 1/25 multipiece body)

MGA

Lotus Cortina (1st series)

Volvo 122 S , P 1800 or PV 544

On 1/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, 7000in5th said:

Please, please, a plastic 1:25 scale C8 Corvette - Z06 (shown) or Stingray or C8-R or some version - please!

Z06apx1244.jpg.5747c8fa0ab56f4333d5aa0f02a0d22c.jpg

YES!!!! I think that the model companies got burned with the 80's and 90's era Vette kits and are now gun shy, but they have to realize the C7 and C8 are completely different animals. I would love to see full detail kits of the C7 Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR-1 as well as the C8 in any configuration.

1 hour ago, Mike C. said:

How cool would this one be?

A Blazer Chalet would be great, though a bit too offbeat for the mass buying public. Definitely something someone could 3D print and sell aftermarket, though.

An all-new Squarebody C/K pickup and Blazer/Jimmy, with future variants planned from the get-go, would be a wise investment. I suspect the 1/24 ex-Monogram pickup kits are selling well enough though, that a major investment isn't justified at this point.

Chevrolet-Blazer-Chalet.jpg.10c063d53abc673133ca3f40ae630cc1.jpg

Even backdating the 1/24 ex-Monogram Blazer/Jimmy would work:

GMC-Jimmy-Desert-Fox.jpg.3e716c2e183cb720e6da17b23e73a70f.jpg

• Like 1